SUNNYVALE, CA--(Marketwire - 01/20/11) - NetApp (NASDAQ:NTAP - News) today announced that it was ranked #5 on FORTUNE magazine's "100 Best Companies to Work For" list for 2011, improving on last year's #7 ranking. This is the third consecutive year NetApp was ranked in the top 10 and fifth consecutive year it was ranked in the top 15. Fundamental to NetApp's commitment to building a model company is a unique corporate environment that values creativity, teamwork, open communication, leadership, adaptability, and innovation. Living these values enables our employees to build and deliver products and services that help our customers achieve business breakthroughs through greater IT efficiency and flexibility.News Facts
- NetApp's #5 ranking on FORTUNE magazine's list follows similar awards recognizing NetApp as a great place to work in many other locations around the world, including:
- Australia: #1
- Research Triangle Park, North Carolina: #1
- Switzerland: #1
- Canada: #2
- New York City: #2
- Washington, DC: #3
- France: #5
- India: #5, #3 in IT
- United Kingdom: #6
- Netherlands: #10
- Germany: #17
- EMEA: #30
- New England: #31
- NetApp's strong corporate culture, competitive salaries, unique benefits, and down-to-earth management style are valued by its employees and have resulted in the company's consistently high ranking on FORTUNE's list of top 100 employers for nine consecutive years.
- To pick the 100 Best Companies to Work For, FORTUNE partners with the Great Place to Work Institute to conduct the most extensive employee survey in corporate America. Three hundred eleven companies participated in this year's survey. Two-thirds of a company's score is based on the results of the Institute's Trust Index survey, which is sent to a random sample of employees from each company. The survey asks questions related to their attitudes about management's credibility, job satisfaction, and camaraderie. The other third of the scoring is based on the company's responses to the Institute's Culture Audit, which includes detailed questions about pay and benefit programs and a series of open-ended questions about hiring practices, internal communications, training, recognition programs and diversity efforts.
- The full list of winners and related stories will appear in the February 7th issue of FORTUNE, available on newsstands on Monday, January 24th, and now at www.FORTUNE.com/bestcompanies.
- Tom Georgens, president and CEO, NetApp
"We are honored to be recognized again this year by FORTUNE magazine as one of the best companies to work for. Earning a top 10 ranking for three consecutive years is a great acknowledgement of our strong culture and our talented employees. At NetApp we believe that creating an environment where our employees thrive is fundamental to the long term success of our company and key to continuing to drive growth. It contributes to retaining and attracting top talent, delivering shareholder returns, and helping customers and partners achieve business success."
- Follow NetApp on Twitter: www.twitter.com/NetApp
- Get the latest on NetApp Culture: http://www.facebook.com/NetAppCulture
- Join NetApp on Facebook: www.facebook.com/NetApp
- View NetApp videos on YouTube: www.youtube.com/NetAppTV
- Connect with NetApp on LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/groups?about=&gid=111681
NetApp creates innovative storage and data management solutions that accelerate business breakthroughs and deliver outstanding cost efficiency. Discover NetApp's passion for helping companies around the world go further, faster at www.netapp.com.NetApp, the NetApp logo, and Go further, faster are trademarks or registered trademarks of NetApp, Inc. in the United States and/or other countries.