SUNNYVALE, CA--(Marketwire - 05/31/11) - Fortinet® (NASDAQ:FTNT - News) -- a leading network security provider and the worldwide leader of unified threat management (UTM) solutions -- today announced that worldwide customers are using Fortinet's FortiClient™ Endpoint Security Suite to provide broad endpoint security. With the rise in mobile workers, it's more important than ever to help ensure that laptops and mobile devices are protected by an endpoint security solution that provides advanced security features in a uniquely modular endpoint solution. The solution also needs to allow users to load only the functionality that they require for optimized performance.Fortinet customers around the globe are deploying FortiClient™ Endpoint Security in their environment to help protect their most critical assets including: Accuity, AgroBank, Buongiorno, Ecofis, Electricity Authority of Cyprus, Laredo Independent School District, Lincoln Property Company and SFR Business Team.Electricity Authority of Cyprus Secures the Endpoint with FortiClient
The Electricity Authority of Cyprus (EAC) is responsible for the generation of electric power and the continued and reliable transmission and distribution of the demand for electricity throughout Cyprus. EAC's mission is to provide its customers with the highest quality of safe and reliable services. As part of its network security overhaul, EAC has deployed 1,000 FortiClient endpoint security solutions deployed on employee laptops for VPN and antivirus protection as well as for WAN optimization."As part of a full network security overhaul, it was important for us to protect not only the desktop computers, but also the computers of the managers," said Socrates Avraamides, IT security officer at Electricity Authority of Cyprus. "Fortinet is allowing us to help make sure that our entire network from the core to the edge is protected from viruses, malware and spyware."Key Features of FortiClient Endpoint Security
- Antivirus and Antispyware - Provides broad protection against viruses, spyware, keyloggers, trojans, adware and greyware for Windows-based laptops desktops and smartphones. Symbian OS based smartphone support is also available.
- Secure IPsec VPN - Empowers Windows-based mobile laptops, desktops and smartphones with the capability to access enterprise applications securely with DES / 3DES encryption.
- Powerful personal firewall - Monitors network traffic and enforces the appropriate application access control on Windows based laptops, desktops, smartphones and Symbian-based smartphones.
- Advanced Anti-Spam - Powerful anti-spam protection that seamlessly integrates with Microsoft Outlook for Windows based personal computers and SMS anti-spam for Windows and Symbian-based mobile smart phones.
- Web Content Filtering - Provides real-time web content access enforcement to help ensure compliance is available for Windows-based laptops and desktops.
Fortinet (NASDAQ:FTNT - News) is a worldwide provider of network security appliances and the market leader in unified threat management (UTM). Our products and subscription services provide broad, integrated and high-performance protection against dynamic security threats while simplifying the IT security infrastructure. Our customers include enterprises, service providers and government entities worldwide, including the majority of the 2009 Fortune Global 100. Fortinet's flagship FortiGate product delivers ASIC-accelerated performance and integrates multiple layers of security designed to help protect against application and network threats. Fortinet's broad product line goes beyond UTM to help secure the extended enterprise -- from endpoints, to the perimeter and the core, including databases and applications. Fortinet is headquartered in Sunnyvale, Calif., with offices around the world.Copyright © 2011 Fortinet, Inc. All rights reserved. The symbols ® and ™ denote respectively federally registered trademarks and unregistered trademarks of Fortinet, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates. Fortinet's trademarks include, but are not limited to, the following: Fortinet, FortiGate, FortiGuard, FortiManager, FortiMail, FortiClient, FortiCare, FortiAnalyzer, FortiReporter, FortiOS, FortiASIC, FortiWiFi, FortiSwitch, FortiVoIP, FortiBIOS, FortiLog, FortiResponse, FortiCarrier, FortiScan, FortiDB and FortiWeb. Other trademarks belong to their respective owners. Fortinet has not independently verified statements or certifications herein attributed to third parties, and nothing herein constitutes a warranty, guaranty, or contractually binding commitment.FTNT-O