WASHINGTON, DC--(Marketwire - 11/16/10) - TV Worldwide, (www.tvworldwide.com), since 1999, a pioneering web-based global TV network, announced that it had been selected to webcast 'Concussion and Traumatic Brain Injury in Youth Athletics,' the first in a series of free live interactive national town hall Internet TV webcasts featuring distinguished experts in the field, November 18, 2010 at 2PM ET. The event is being produced for the recently-launched Sports Pro Community Network (SPCN at www.SPCN.com) on SPCN's Internet TV Channel, Sports Pro Community Network TV (www.SPCN.TV), and is made possible with sponsorship support from Gladiator Mouthguards, Donnelly Steen & Co. and Enterprise Solutions, Inc. (ESI).After an opening statement from Congressman George Miller (D-Ca), key proponent of H.R.6172, "The Protecting Student Athletes from Concussions Act of 2010," the webcast will feature prominent experts on two panels:Panel 1: Youth Concussions and TBI: The Organizational and Business Perspective Featured Panelists:
- Renaldo Nehemiah Former NFL Wide Receiver, Director - Track & Field Worldwide for Octagon Sports
- Sam Mutz, National Football Commissioner, Pop Warner Little Scholars, Inc.
- Bobbie Quinn, Co-founder and Principal Owner of Gladiator by SGI, the nation's leading manufacturer of custom mouth guards
- Jon Almquist ATC, VATL, Administrator, Fairfax County Public Schools Athletic Training Program, Former Chair of the National Athletic Trainers Association (NATA)Panel 2: The Medical Issues Surrounding Youth Concussions and TBI- Christopher G. Vaughan, PsyD, Pediatric Neuropsychologist, Children's National Medical Center, Assistant Professor, Departments of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences & Pediatrics The George Washington University School of Medicine - Safe Concussion Outcome, Recovery and Education (SCORE) Clinic.
- Amy Garcia RN, MSN, Executive Director, National Association of School Nurses (NASN)
- Joseph F. Clark, Professor, Department of Neurology, University of Cincinnati Adjunct Professor; Department of Molecular and Cellular Physiology Faculty Member; Neuroscience Program Faculty Member/Executive Committee; Physician Scientist Training Program
- Robert Erb, CEO, Schutt Sports, Volunteer Firefighter, Soccer and Football Coach."Sports Pro Community Network is committed to taking the lead in addressing issues of critical, current importance to parents, athletes and the coaching community," stated Wayne Cluff, spokesman for SPCN. "Concussions/TBI is a white hot issue at every level of athletics, and we are excited about the opportunity to deploy the capabilities of our SPCN TV channel in working with TV Worldwide to create a robust forum for discussion with this webcast series. We thank our sponsors for helping us make this happen.""We're pleased to have been selected to deploy our TV Worldwide Internet TV network to support this timely and important SPCN TV webcast series, and we salute the Sports Pro Community Network team for being out front on this issue," stated Dave Gardy, Chairman and CEO of TV Worldwide. "As an active youth coach, I am acutely aware of the growing level of interest among parents and coaches in learning more about youth concussions and TBI. We've already seen a spike in traffic at this webcast event site on SPCN TV, and we're provisioning our servers accordingly, to meet the anticipated live webcast demand."This national town hall event will be webcast live beginning 2 PM ET, Thursday, November 18, 2010 at www.SPCN.TV. Visitors to the live webcast will be able to post questions to interviewees and participate in Q&A via e-mail, providing a fully interactive forum for sharing information.About Sports Pro Community NetworkSPCN is the online social networking Community for professionals serving sports at every level. SPCN's mission is to provide a platform for sports enthusiasts to collaborate with one another, share sports-related information, and promote themselves, their goods and services. SPCN simplifies the management, accessibility and integration of technologies such as Internet TV, social media, blogs, mobile, and e-commerce within the sport's arena. We also make it easy for users to connect their existing websites and social media feeds to our community. SPCN's marketplace Directory and support services offer powerful capabilities that extend brand visibility, increase awareness and build sales. SPCN's unique value proposition is a result of its singular focus on the resources needed by the sports community and an absolute commitment to ensuring that only the highest values of sports are promoted.About TV WorldwideFounded in 1999, TV Worldwide (www.tvworldwide.com) developed the first Internet TV network of community-based Internet TV channels, primarily targeting niche professional communities ranging from the Maritime industry to the Digital Media sector. Known by many in the industry as "Intelligent Internet TV," Fortune 500 companies, 27 federal government agencies, and numerous International associations including the National Association of Broadcasters utilize TV Worldwide's live and archived state-of-the art video streaming content applications and Internet TV channels. In recognition of the company's unique achievements in new media, TV Worldwide was selected by the National Academy of Television Arts and Sciences (NATAS) to webcast the Daytime Emmy Awards and the Emmy awards for Technology and Engineering 2007 through 2009. CEO Dave Gardy has been honored by Streaming Media Magazine in 2008 as one of the 25 Most Influential People in Streaming Media. Mr. Gardy also currently serves as the President of the International Webcasting Association (IWA) (www.webcasters.org).
Stocks rose on Tuesday, with the Dow and the S&P 500 closing at new all-time highs as comments from Federal Reserve …