NEW ORLEANS, LA--(Marketwire - 03/01/11) - This Fat Tuesday, bring Mardi Gras home with a festive and flavorful get-together fit for a king or queen. Zatarain's, the brand serving up New Orleans-Style food for more than 120 years, offers tasty ideas to help plan a spirited family soiree.Join The Parade At Facebook.com/Zatarains
Zatarain's introduces "Mardi Gras Central" on Facebook with robust new offerings, including a festive Facebook application, Mardi Gras music, Carnival recipes developed exclusively by Chef Besh and live parade videos:
- "Jazz Up Your Profile Pic": Zatarain's new Facebook application makes it easy to add colorful beads and a mask to a Facebook or Twitter profile picture.
- Take a Listen: For music to set the mood, check out the free online Pandora radio station on Zatarain's Mardi Gras Facebook tab. Hear the best of New Orleans legendary jazz and Carnival favorites.
- Have a Look: Get in on the action with a look at live footage of the Mardi Gras parades via "Zat's Cams." Then, view video vignettes for a peek inside Chef Besh's kitchen.
- Find Recipes to Celebrate: Discover recipes for traditional Carnival favorites, sure to please a crowd.
Most of New Orleans' Mardi Gras celebrations actually take place in the home, away from the revelry most commonly associated with the French Quarter. Tap into the spirit of the Big Easy with these festive party tips:
- Enjoy Your Own Party: Though food is the main event, don't get stuck in the kitchen away from guests. Chef Besh suggests prepping as much as possible in advance. Jambalaya and gumbo both taste even better the next day, so you can even cook your dishes the night before your party.
- Dress the Part: Channel your inner royalty by encouraging guests to dress up like kings, queens and jesters, as many in New Orleans do. Top off the costumes with fun masks and beads.
- Kick Up the Color: Ensure all decorations are in the traditional Mardi Gras colors of purple, green and gold, which stand for justice, faith and power, respectively.
- Don't Forget Dessert: Prepare a sweet ending to your party with Chef Besh's twist on the traditional King Cake -- King Cake Cupcakes.