ROSEMONT, IL--(Marketwire - Dec 12, 2012) - In anticipation of a busy holiday travel season, ABC Global Services, an industry-leading travel services provider for consultants and travel agencies worldwide, today released five strategies that travel professionals can leverage to get the best value when booking hotels for their clients.
"Today's travel advisors have comprehensive resources for booking hotel rooms to help them meet their travelers' specific needs and exceed their expectations, while increasing their own revenue opportunities," said Beverlee Patterson, president, ABC Global Services. "These include access to such resources as an innovative booking engine, or a dynamic hotel program providing added amenities. The trend for travelers to book their own hotels online has shifted and many of them are returning to their travel advisors to get this added value along with the personalized attention and customer service that they have sorely missed."
To help travel advisors provide the greatest value to their clients, following are five best practices for booking hotels during the holiday season and beyond:
- Search for multiple rates. By using a booking engine that offers multiple rate options in one tool -- GDS, discount rooms from online travel agencies (OTAs), wholesalers, and net rate inventory -- you can find the best value for your clients. According to Patterson: "You don't always know which inventory will provide the best rate, so it's important to have multiple options in one database, right at your fingertips. Finding overall value based on your travelers' specific needs is key since, for example, having the flexibility to make changes without any penalties may be more important to your client than getting the lowest rate."
- Look for perks and amenities. Travelers appreciate complimentary, value-added benefits, such as free breakfast, airport transportation, guaranteed upgrades and free Internet access. These amenities add to the overall value of the service you provide. For example, a hotel that offers breakfast can be a better value for your travelers than a lower-priced hotel without this amenity.
- Work with the pros to get rooms in sold-out situations. By working with a hotel services provider, you can often still find rooms for your clients even when hotels are "sold out." Some services providers can even provide just the type of rooms your clients want, such as close proximity to an event or convention, or at a specific hotel.
- Keep your travelers well informed and safe. It's important to keep your clients well informed about the potential impact of weather or security issues around the world that could impact their travel. Establish a communication system with your travelers that provides them with up-to-date information that might impact their itineraries, before and during their trips.
- Strategically seek good deals for clients. If your clients have flexibility, time-sensitive hotel promotions offer a great opportunity to get last-minute deals, often at steeply discounted rates. Also consider secondary markets, where your clients can sometimes enjoy lower rates as well as unexpected perks by going off the beaten path. And don't forget that it's worthwhile to consider booking popular destinations during shoulder season, to get the benefit of better rates and special amenities offered during off-peak-season times.
ABC Global Services
With more than three decades of travel industry leadership, ABC Global Services offers comprehensive hotel solutions in thousands of cities and unmatched personalized service and support to travel consultants worldwide. The company leverages its established relationships and buying power with hotels and related suppliers around the world to provide travel professionals with preferred access to superior services, inventory, and rates. ABC's customer base includes more than 7,000 agency locations throughout 76 countries worldwide and spans traditional mid-sized agencies, agency groups, at-home agents, and corporate travel departments -- in both corporate and leisure markets. The company books more than six-million room nights annually, providing hotel revenues close to one billion dollars (USD). ABC's dedicated team of professionals is not only committed to helping travel advisors successfully grow their businesses, but it also serves as a trusted partner and distribution channel for hoteliers and other travel-related suppliers worldwide. More information can be found at www.abcglobal.travel.
- Travel & Tourism
- Travel Organizations
- travel services