NEW YORK--(BUSINESS WIRE)--
ABM (ABM), a leading provider of facility solutions, will showcase its ABM GreenCare program’s expanded service offerings and new look at the United States Green Building Council’s (USGBC) Greenbuild International Conference and Expo November 20-22 in Philadelphia, PA. ABM will be located at Booth 3037 at the Pennsylvania Convention Center.
ABM’s GreenCare program, which launched in 2006, helps ABM’s clients make improvements in four key areas: environmental and social responsibility, employee productivity and retention, property protection and fiscal responsibility. ABM GreenCare offerings span the entire ABM enterprise, including its Janitorial, Energy, Parking, Security and Landscaping businesses. Some of the key value-adds the GreenCare program offers ABM clients include:
- Janitorial: Green cleaning programs with Green Seal certified equipment and chemicals to improve indoor environmental quality for building occupants; recycling programs and touch-free water conservation; LEED certification assistance for clients
- Energy: ABM’s energy conservation methods for clients include its Bundled Energy Solutions Program, Electric Vehicle (EV) Charging Station installation and maintenance and solar capabilities for fixed/reduced energy costs.
- Parking: ABM’s customized mobile app, pay by phone option, and web services help drivers spend less time in their cars.
- Security: Round-the-clock technology helps ABM manage security communications in a paperless environment; ABM security guards use electric or hybrid vehicles at many sites.
- Landscape & Grounds: ABM utilizes alternative fuel and water-efficient irrigation systems to help keep clients’ properties sustainable.
“ABM’s commitment to our clients’ sustainability initiatives has been a key component of our business since before ‘green’ became a buzzword,” said ABM Executive Vice President Chris Hughes. “In recent years, we’ve worked hard to integrate our sustainable offerings across our business units so that clients can better take advantage of our wide range of capabilities. At ABM, we believe that we can provide the most robust set of facility solutions in the market for clients, and that certainly includes our GreenCare program’s services as well.”
ABM’s commitment to measuring its own performance has led to some eye-opening statistics relating to its clients’ sustainability efforts, including:
- ABM GreenCare has been implemented at over 800 buildings, totaling more than 360 million square feet across the United States.
- ABM has assisted 351 buildings with products and procedures to maintain certification through the Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) rating system.
- In 2012, ABM’s Bundled Energy Solutions program reduced clients’ energy use by over 25 percent.
- ABM has installed over 700 EV charging stations across the United States.
Furthering its commitment to sustainability each year, ABM measures its sustainability efforts internally and externally as part of its Corporate Sustainability Report (CSR) based on disclosure guidelines provided by the Global Reporting Initiative (GRI), the world’s most widely used framework for sustainability reporting. The CSR also serves as the Company’s Communication on Progress (COP) and continued support of the UN Global Compact.
“Corporate sustainability is a driving factor in the way we operate at ABM,” said ABM Director of Sustainability Alan France. “Whether it’s offering the latest advances across each of our businesses to help clients reduce impact on the environment or walking the talk internally, we’ve taken great pride in ABM’s GreenCare program making a true difference.”
ABOUT ABM GreenCare®
ABM builds value for the global community through sustainable practices in the workplace, marketplace and environment. The ABM GreenCare program focuses on products, tools, equipment, processes and policies. The program is designed to promote a healthier, more comfortable environment for ABM’s client locations while significantly reducing any harm done to the environment. For more information, visit our website or watch our ABM GreenCare video.
ABM (NYSE: ABM) is a leading provider of facility solutions with revenues exceeding $4 billion and 100,000 employees in over 350 offices deployed throughout the United States and various international locations. ABM’s comprehensive capabilities include facilities engineering, commercial cleaning, energy solutions, HVAC, electrical, landscaping, parking and security, provided through stand-alone or integrated solutions. ABM provides custom facility solutions in urban, suburban and rural areas to properties of all sizes — from schools and hospitals to the largest and most complex facilities, such as manufacturing plants and major airports. ABM Industries Incorporated, which operates through its subsidiaries, was founded in 1909. For more information, visit www.abm.com.
- Airline Industry