REDWOOD SHORES, CA--(Marketwire - Sep 10, 2012) - Oracle (
- AboitizPower, a leading distributor, retailer and generator of power in the Philippines, has implemented Oracle Utilities Customer Care and Billing to standardize the organization's six subsidiaries onto a single billing platform, streamline business processes and prepare for significant regulatory changes in the market.
- AboitizPower's six subsidiaries were using disparate systems developed in-house and customized over several years. As a result, consolidation of monthly financial reporting was a manual process prone to error. Further, the disparate systems hampered the organization's ability to introduce new electricity services to its customers, accommodate new technologies like smart metering and respond quickly to competitive challenges.
- After implementing Oracle Utilities Customer Care and Billing, AboitizPower is now capable of standardizing business processes, adopting best practices and generating consolidated monthly reports in a timely fashion.
- Tight integration with Oracle Financial Management also ensures billing data flows smoothly to accounts receivable so that day-to-day and legacy information can be easily tracked.
- AboitizPower selected Oracle Utilities Customer Care and Billing in August 2011.
Oracle System Supports Compliance and New Services
- A key driver for adopting a single customer care and billing system was the Philippines' move to a privatized and deregulated energy sector in 2012. The Oracle system can be adapted to ensure compliance with regulatory changes and reporting requirements around power generation, transmission, distribution, supply, metering and provide details about customer billing, including discounts to senior citizens.
- Standardizing on a single customer care and billing system has opened up new opportunities for AboitizPower to improve business management. Previous disparate systems made the option of new applications deployment a challenge. Oracle Utilities Customer Care and Billing's open interface allows integration of new applications and configurability to respond quickly to business opportunities and competitive challenges. Oracle Utilities Customer Care and Billing provides AboitizPower with a more flexible, adaptable system enabling the utility to keep up with new technology such as smart metering and power grid management, as well as examine options to decrease its carbon footprint arising from its operations.
- "Moving to a single customer care and billing platform enabled AboitizPower to streamline business processes, prepare for significant regulatory changes and reduce IT costs," said Aladino B. Borja Jr., assistant vice president, Information Services, Power Distribution Group, AboitizPower. "Oracle Utilities Customer Care and Billing manages all aspects of our customer information and billing. We now have the application needed to improve service delivery across our distribution units and help us compete more effectively in the marketplace."
- "We are committed to helping AboitizPower realize new efficiencies and cost savings through integrated systems and effective management of valuable customer relationships. Oracle Utilities Customer Care and Billing will enable AboitizPower to streamline billing processes and allow the utility to meet privatization and deregulation requirements," said Rodger Smith, senior vice president and general manager, Oracle Utilities.
- About AboitizPower
- Oracle Utilities Customer Care and Billing
- Oracle Utilities
- Oracle Financial Management
- Oracle Utilities on Facebook
- Oracle Utilities on LinkedIn
- Oracle Utilities on Twitter
- Oracle Utilities YouTube Channel
About Oracle Utilities
Oracle Utilities delivers proven software applications that help utilities of all types and sizes achieve competitive advantage, business performance excellence and a lower total cost of technology ownership. Oracle Utilities integrates industry-specific customer care and billing, network management, work and asset management, mobile workforce management and meter data management applications with the capabilities of Oracle's industry-leading enterprise applications, business intelligence tools, middleware and database technologies. The software enables customers to adapt more nimbly to market deregulation, meet ever-evolving customer demands and deliver on environmental conservation commitments. Additionally, Oracle Utilities helps utilities prepare for smart metering and smart grid initiatives that enhance efficiency and provide critical intelligence metrics that can help drive more-informed energy and water usage decisions for consumers and businesses. For more information, visit www.oracle.com/goto/utilities.
Oracle engineers hardware and software to work together in the cloud and in your data centre. For more information about Oracle (
About Oracle in Industries
Oracle industry solutions leverage the company's best-in-class portfolio of products to address complex business processes relevant to utilities, helping speed time to market, reduce costs, and gain a competitive edge.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle Corporation and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.