OAK BROOK, IL--(Marketwire - Mar 27, 2013) - Today, Ace Hardware, the largest retailer-owned hardware cooperative in the industry, unveils their spring 2013 top color trends, collaboratively chosen by Ace's panel of Design Experts. Featuring classic neutrals, muted grays, fresh organic colors and airy accents in greens and blues, the seasonal colors were selected from the Clark+Kensington®
paint+primer in one color palette. Designed to simplify the paint color selection process, the Clark+Kensington color palette features 120 harmonious colors that seamlessly work together to give homeowners a designer look throughout their home.
Together, Ace's Design Experts, Katie Reynolds (Dallas, Texas), Julie Richard (Boston, Mass.) and Nathan Fischer (Orange County, Calif.), have over thirty years of combined experience specializing in color selection and interior design. "We're thrilled to share our ten on-trend spring hues and provide fresh, new ideas on how to bring these colors into your homes," said Fischer. "Choosing a paint color is a personal decision, which is why we've selected a range of Clark+Kensington colors that appeal to a variety of homeowners' tastes and desires, ensuring homeowners across the country get inspired to give their homes a fresh update this spring."
Always at the forefront of the latest seasonal trends, Ace's Design Experts recommend the following colors for spring 2013 from Ace's Clark+Kensington color palette:
- Use clean, neutral colors such as Flirtation 2036 or You're The Boss 5052 on walls. Add a punch of spring color by painting a piece of accent furniture in a high gloss latex enamel in Beach House 1052, a warm grayish blue, or Ship's Sail 1056, a pale aqua.
- This spring is all about layering shades and tones of the same color for a monochromatic look. Try using a pale blue such as Lucky Charm 1062 on walls and add accents of a deeper shade, such as Hamptons 1032, in horizontal stripes around the room, on the back of bookshelves or inside white cabinets.
- Painted ceilings are also trending this season so add an unexpected pop of color in a kitchen or bathroom. Blue Bayou 1014, a rich blue, looks great in a room with white cabinetry or white walls. Be sure the room receives plenty of light and has white accents to allow the color to pop on the ceiling.
- Muted grays are similar to neutrals and offer a rich, on-trend look when used on the walls in larger spaces. Coastal Pleasure 5048 is the perfect neutral shade of gray for a family room or bedroom, which allows homeowners to play up bolder colors with their décor pieces and accessories.
- Adding drama to a room is also popular this spring. Try a deep, grassy green color like Spanish Eyes 2044 in a bedroom or dining room.
- Fresh organic colors are a great way to welcome spring into the home and add color that won't be overwhelming to live with for a long time. Apple Tart 2062 is a great color for a kitchen, breakfast nook or guest bedroom.
Once the colors are selected, Ace's Design Experts recommend the following spring décor tips to assist homeowners in achieving a designer look on their own:
- Spring is all about less matching and more mixing. Try mixing wood finishes, metal types and patterns for an eclectic, "anything goes" designer look.
- Refurbished furniture is also trending for spring. Update your vintage or outdated pieces with trendy fabrics or paint in a new, bright color.
- Combine old and new elements together in the same room by painting in contrasting finishes. Choose a soft hue and accent it with a bright pop of color in a high gloss finish.
- Palettes inspired by natural elements are also trending. Use neutral, light and airy colors on walls, contrasting them with deeper shades and texturized accessories.
- Glamorous elements are popular as well, but use them sparingly for a designer look. Try combining more organic, feminine elements with a mix of masculine accessories for a layered look.
Clark+Kensington, a premium line of paint+primer in one, is available exclusively at Ace Hardware and was ranked #1 by a leading consumer magazine for its satin and semi-gloss finishes in recent tests of interior paints. The paint line features 120 colors that harmoniously work together to offer homeowners the ability to create a space that matches their personal color and décor preferences.
For more information on Clark+Kensington, Ace's Design Experts or the Spring 2013 color trends, please stop by your local Ace Hardware Store or visit www.facebook.com/AceHardware.
About Ace Hardware
For nearly 90 years, Ace Hardware has been known as the helpful hardware store in thousands of neighborhoods across America, providing customers with a more personal kind of helpful. In 2012, Ace ranked "Highest in Customer Satisfaction among Home Improvement Stores for the Sixth Consecutive Year," according to J.D. Power and Associates. With more than 4,600 hardware stores locally owned and operated across the globe, Ace is the largest hardware cooperative in the industry. Headquartered in Oak Brook, Ill., Ace and its subsidiaries currently operate 14 distribution centers in the U.S and also have distribution capabilities in Shanghai, China; Panama City, Panama; and Dubai, United Arab Emirates. Its retailers' stores are located in all 50 states, the District of Columbia and approximately 60 countries. For more information on Ace, visit www.acehardware.com.
- Home & Garden
- Home Decorating & Interior Design
- Ace Hardware