BEDFORD, MA--(Marketwire - Feb 22, 2013) - Acme Packet® (
- The demonstration leverages Acme Packet's SMX solution to enable China Mobile's HD video calling, photo sharing, instant messaging, SMS, and multi-party conferencing services on Quanta Computer's tablets, notebooks, and smartphones.
- Acme Packet's Net-Net SMX consolidates several IP Multimedia Subsystem (IMS) functions into a single network element, simplifying IMS architectures, reducing the total cost of ownership, and enabling service providers to quickly implement next-generation services, such as voice over LTE (VoLTE) and Rich Communications Services (RCS).
- The demonstration can be seen at China Mobile's stand, located in Hall 5 Stand 5I120 at Mobile World Congress.
- For more information about Acme Packet's IMS solutions visit Acme Packet's booth, located in Hall 6 Stand 6G20 at Mobile World Congress.
Benefits of Net-Net SIP Multimedia-Xpress:
- Rapid time to market though minimal systems for deployment and provisioning
- Lower capital expenditure and operational costs by combining the session core and edge into one element
- Cloud-like scalability from thousands to millions of users by simply adding more systems
- "This demonstration marks a significant step for service providers looking to deliver high quality communications services like HD video over LTE," said Pat MeLampy, co-founder and chief technology officer, Acme Packet.
More about Acme Packet:
Acme Packet, APKT, China Mobile, IMS, LTE, long term evolution, RCS, rich communications services, HD video
About Acme Packet
Acme Packet (
Acme Packet, Inc. Safe Harbor Statement
Statements contained herein that are not historical fact may be forward-looking statements within the meaning of Section 27A of the Securities Act of 1933 and Section 21E of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934. Such forward-looking statements may relate to the benefits of our products and solutions, including cost savings and flexibility. Such forward-looking statements do not constitute guarantees of future performance and are subject to a variety of risks and uncertainties that could cause actual results to differ materially from those anticipated or suggested in any forward-looking statements are contained in the Company's recent filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission, including those factors discussed under the caption "Risk Factors" in such filings.
- Technology & Electronics
- Acme Packet
- China Mobile
- Mobile World Congress