It's official: We're addicted to our smartphones.
We first saw the news on Mashable.
As part of the study, IDC surveyed 7,446 U.S.-based iPhone and Android users between the ages of 18 and 44 about their smartphone usage.
Here some interesting stats:
- Within the first fifteen minutes of waking up, 79% of smartphones users look at their phones.
- 62% of smartphone users immediately grab their phones after waking up.
- 70% of smartphone users frequently visit Facebook — more than half of them check it every day.
- 78% of smartphone users check their email on their devices.
- Smartphone users on average visit Facebook 13.8 times throughout the day, spending two minutes and 22 seconds on it during each visit.
- Over the weekend, smartphone users check Facebook more than they text.
- 46% of smartphones users check Facebook while shopping or running errands.
- 48% use their smartphones at the gym.
- 50% of smartphone users check Facebook in movie theaters.
More From Business Insider
- Where We Are In The Smartphone Revolution
- BII REPORT: How Location-Based Services Are Transforming The Mobile Industry
- Facebook Boasts That A 'Crazy Hack' Made Its New Android App Possible
- Technology & Electronics
- Handheld & Connected Devices