PLEASANTON, CA--(Marketwired - Jul 15, 2014) - Workday, Inc. (
One of the largest marketing and data services companies in the world, Acxiom has more than a 40-year heritage of delivering marketing insights that help businesses strengthen connections with stakeholders. Focused on driving innovation and market leadership, Acxiom chose Workday to replace its legacy finance and HR system, which lacked real-time visibility into business performance and was slow to adapt to organizational and market changes.
With Workday's unified suite of applications to be deployed across 11 countries, Acxiom expects to:
- Access people and financial insights with embedded analytics to explore company performance, such as profitability by customer or business line, or metrics on the churn of key products.
- Detect potential issues where HR activity might impact financial performance such as identifying open headcount that could affect revenue numbers.
- Improve resource planning with one system to view and manage open and filled positions, internal and external candidates, and budget all at once.
- Configure business processes in minutes, such as making an organizational change that is immediately reflected across all applicable finance and HR datasets.
- Empower its people with self-service to perform tasks, explore information, and take action on any device. For example, managers can drill down into financial dashboards on a tablet or approve purchase orders and expense reports from their smartphones.
Comments on the News
"The way we think about and deliver products and services is continuously evolving, and we needed a system that could easily adapt to the changing needs of our business, not just today or one year from now, but for whatever the future brings," said AJ Bernstein, vice president, global strategic shared services, Acxiom. "With Workday, we will be able to support business changes with greater ease and speed, and will use financial and workforce insights to make informed decisions that move the business forward."
"Workday will help Acxiom streamline its internal operations and arm its workforce with information at their fingertips to make more educated decisions about their teams and financials," said Mike Frandsen, senior vice president, products, Workday. "Acxiom is a service-based business, so every minute and insight its employees and managers will gain with Workday, can equate to time and energy being refocused on its customers."
Workday is a leading provider of enterprise cloud applications for human resources and finance. Founded in 2005, Workday delivers human capital management, financial management, and analytics applications designed for the world's largest organizations. Hundreds of companies, ranging from medium-sized businesses to Fortune 50 enterprises, have selected Workday.
Any unreleased services, features, or functions referenced in this document, our website or other press releases or public statements that are not currently available are subject to change at Workday's discretion and may not be delivered as planned or at all. Customers who purchase Workday, Inc. services should make their purchase decisions based upon services, features and functions that are currently available. In addition, this press release contains forward-looking statements including expectations as to future deployments and performance. The words "believe," "to be," "may," "will," "plan," "expect," and similar expressions are intended to identify forward-looking statements. These forward-looking statements are subject to risks, uncertainties, and assumptions and actual results could differ materially from the results implied by these forward-looking statements. Risks include those described in our filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC), including our Form 10-Q for the quarter ended April 30, 2014 and our future reports that we may file with the SEC from time to time, which could cause actual results to vary from expectations. Workday assumes no obligation to, and does not currently intend to, update any such forward-looking statements after the date of this release.
© 2014. Workday, Inc. All rights reserved. Workday and the Workday logo are registered trademarks of Workday, Inc. All other brand and product names are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective holders.
- Investment & Company Information
+1 (415) 432-3041