BOCA RATON, Fla.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--
Just in time for peak moving season, ADT (ADT) has teamed up with home and lifestyle expert Sabrina Soto to offer advice on transforming a house into a home, while making the process less stressful and more enjoyable. From creating a move-day plan to making a new home feel safe and secure, homeowners are faced with a seemingly endless to-do list that can weigh on the minds of even the most organized. In fact, moving has been named the most stressful planned life event in a recent study1, but with preparation and prowess it doesn’t have to be the daunting task that many people envision.
To kick off the campaign, starting today, Sabrina and ADT are showing people how to prepare, move and settle into their new home, while extending an invitation to submit a photo of a room that deserves a house-to-home makeover in the #MoveInMakeover contest*. Enter the contest at www.facebook.com/adt for a chance to win $1,000, an ADT Pulse® home security and automation system, and a video chat with Sabrina about your house-to-home design inspiration and ideas.
“A fresh start and a clean slate – that’s what moving should be about,” said celebrity interior designer and ADT spokesperson Sabrina Soto. “However, sometimes the emotional turmoil of a move can take away from the process. Moving is an opportunity to design a new space that not only speaks to you aesthetically, but also functions in a way that suits your daily lifestyle. It’s so much more than choosing paint colors and matching patterns.”
One hurdle many new homeowners face is feeling safe, secure and in control of their new surroundings. An ADT Pulse® home security and automation system is a smart solution to transform any house into a well-functioning home. It offers 24/7 monitored protection, so homeowners can feel secure in their new surroundings. What’s more, the system provides on-the-go access to home automation features such as controlling door locks, lights, thermostats, small appliances and more.
“ADT home security and automation solutions can start working for new homeowners on day one,” said Jerri DeVard, chief marketing officer at ADT. “The chaos of moving can be overwhelming at times, but our proprietary technology can play a role in streamlining the process. Whether granting access to trusted contractors and technicians or receiving alerts when deliveries arrive at the front door, ADT offers convenience and versatility to meet today’s busy lifestyles.”
For those who are moving this season, here are some tips and tricks from Sabrina and ADT.
- Purge, Clean, Organize: A good rule of thumb is that if you won’t use it or wear it in the first six months at the new home, you should think again before it gets put into a box. Donate canned goods and unwanted clothes to local donation centers, and consider second-hand online classifieds for larger items such as lamps and furniture. As you work your way through cupboards and closets, be sure to clean, organize and inventory the remaining items that will be coming to your new home.
- Start Moving: It’s move day – here’s what to do. When the movers arrive, do a full walk-through of the home with the entire crew to point out how you would like your belongings organized and packed. It is important to request that boxes are packed by room, and to make note of how to handle fragile and valuable items. This will save time, money and headaches in the long run.
- Designate a Happy Place: Reduce stress by choosing one room in your new house to unpack completely on Day 1. Make this your “happy place,” so that even if the rest of the home is chaotic, you can always return to a clean, organized space where you’ll feel at ease.
- Get Secured: Feeling secure and in control is an important part of transforming a house into a home. With an ADT Pulse®system, you can rest assured in knowing you have monitored security protection along with mobile access to home automation controls so you can safely run errands, and even lock and unlock doors for plumbers, electricians and technicians you trust. The system will also allow you to control lighting, thermostats and home appliances.
- Snap and Share: Use your smart phone or digital camera to take pictures throughout the process. Share a photo of a room that deserves a house-to-home makeover in the #MoveInMakeover contest at www.facebook.com/adt for a chance to win $1,000, an ADT Pulse® home security and automation system, and a video chat with Sabrina about your house-to-home design inspiration and ideas.
*No purchase necessary. Legal residents of the 50 United States (D.C.) 21 years and older. Ends 6/30/14. To enter and for Official Rules visit www.facebook.com/adt. Void where prohibited.
For more information, visit www.ADT.com.
ADT Security Services is a leading provider of electronic security, interactive home and business automation and monitoring services for residences and small businesses in the United States and Canada. ADT's broad and pioneering set of products and services, including ADT Pulse® interactive home and business solutions, and home health services, meet a range of customer needs for today’s active and increasingly mobile lifestyles. Headquartered in Boca Raton, Florida, ADT helps provide peace of mind to more than six million customers, and it employs approximately 16,500 people at 200 locations. More information is available at www.adt.com.
1 Study conducted by MyMove.com, 2012
- Real Estate
- Home & Garden
Jason Shockley, +1 561-322-7235