LAS VEGAS--(BUSINESS WIRE)--
Beginning today at the 2014 International Consumer Electronics Show (CES), leading security provider ADT® (ADT) will showcase new features in its ADT Pulse™ home security and automation portfolio, and will announce strategic partnerships that advance levels of security and control across both physical and digital environments. The ADT booth is located in South Hall, booth #20231.
“As a pioneer in the home security and automation space, ADT is focused on evolving the security industry by developing new ways for consumers to integrate our products seamlessly into their everyday lives,” said Arthur Orduña, senior vice president and chief innovation officer for ADT. “This is an important strategic shift for ADT, as we are no longer solely protecting a home or business, we’re now protecting people and their digital assets.”
Enhancements to ADT Pulse – the brand’s premiere home automation system – include the introduction of a hands-free voice application that adds pivotal convenience and control for users; a sleek wireless control panel with a touch-friendly user interface; and new features that offer users the ability to control garage doors, ceiling fans and large appliances remotely via the ADT Pulse smartphone app.
NEW 2014 ADT® PRODUCTS AND FEATURES
- ADT Pulse™ Voice App: ADT Pulse Voice app offers the hands-free convenience of using voice commands to control nearly all areas of the home in the Pulse ecosystem, including lights, thermostats, door locks, small appliances and security systems. ADT Pulse Voice also responds to user’s vocal commands and provides auditory feedback on system status and confirmation of actions.
- ADT Pulse™ Wireless Platform: The ADT Pulse Wireless Platform features an innovative and sleek design with an intuitive, touch-friendly user interface. The wireless control panel securely and safely manages all ADT Pulse controlled devices such as lights, thermostats, locks, and small appliances. Created with the user in mind, the ADT Pulse Wireless Platform is designed to deliver a non-invasive and seamless installation experience for homeowners, reducing installation time by half and avoiding any in-wall wiring.
- ADT Pulse™ Remote Garage Door Control: To help ensure security and control at all access points of the home, ADT Pulse will feature remote garage door controls by incorporating leading technology developed by Linear LLC. This new feature will enable users to secure and control their garage door via the ADT Pulse smartphone app from around the corner or around the world.
- Canopy™ App: Building on the trusted expertise of ADT home security services, the Canopy™ mobile application for iOS and Android provides users added personal protection and networking while on-the-go. Canopy enables users to identify the whereabouts of and communicate with friends and family members in a designated virtual circle. Additionally, the integrated ADT Chaperone feature provides a direct line to trusted ADT monitoring centers anytime and anywhere. ADT Chaperone is a subscription-based feature within the Canopy app that provides added protection and peace of mind in situations such as entering a dark parking garage or walking alone across campus at night.
These new products, enhanced features, and mobile applications will be available beginning in spring 2014. ADT Pulse Voice and Canopy are designed for iOS and Android, and will be available for download via the iTunes App Store or Android Google Play.
EXTENDING THE FOOTPRINT OF SECURITY AND AUTOMATION
- ADT and McAfee: Both McAfee and ADT recognize that the lines between our physical and digital lives are blurring, as are the lines between physical and digital security. ADT has been protecting the homes and property of its customers for nearly 140 years, and McAfee is one of the most trusted names in digital security. Starting in 2014, consumers will be able to purchase a security plan that will protect their homes and belongings as well as their digital devices and data. The companies are committed to combining both existing and conceptual technology to further bridge the gap between physical and digital security, and create new products and services that will offer consumers low-touch, automated connections between their ADT platform and McAfee-protected devices.
- ADT® and Ford Motor Company: In 2014, the ADT Pulse app will become compatible with Ford SYNC® AppLink™, enabling drivers of equipped Ford vehicles to control aspects of the home, such as opening a garage door or turning down the thermostat, from their vehicle using voice commands. More information will be available at the Ford booth in the North Hall #2222 throughout CES.
- ADT® and Ideal Life: Since their announcement at CES in 2013, ADT has partnered with Ideal Life and the two will continue to support the ADT Health platform with real-time health management services. The ability for customers, as well as caregivers and trusted medical providers, to monitor and track health and wellness considerably differentiates ADT from other home automation and security providers.
ADT® EVENTS AT CES 2014
- ADT® LifeSaver Events: For nearly 140 years, ADT has demonstrated its commitment to saving lives. Throughout CES, ADT will unite real customers with the ADT operators and first responders who helped save their lives, their businesses and the things that matter most. In addition, ADT will also hold an event to present local Las Vegas authorities with a grant for $10,000 to honor those who protect and serve the surrounding communities.
For additional CES details, including a full calendar of events and suite of press materials with high-res images and fact sheets, visit www.adt.com/CES. Join the conversation on Twitter by following @ADTStaySafe and using hashtag #ADTatCES.
ADT executives and product experts will be on-hand in the ADT booth (#20231, South Hall 1) to demonstrate the latest ADT technology and enhancements.
For more information on ADT, visit www.ADT.com.
The ADT Corporation (ADT) is a leading provider of electronic security, interactive home and business automation and monitoring services for residences and small businesses in the United States and Canada. ADT's broad and pioneering set of products and services, including ADT Pulse interactive home and business solutions, and home health services, meet a range of customer needs for today’s active and increasingly mobile lifestyles. Headquartered in Boca Raton, Florida, ADT helps provide peace of mind to more than six million customers, and it employs approximately 16,500 people at 200 locations. More information is available at www.adt.com.
- Technology & Electronics