BOSTON, Feb. 13, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Affectiva, the global experts in consumer emotion insights, today announced the release of the Affdex™ Software Development Kit (SDK), the first emotion-sensing technology for iOS. By extending its Affdex emotion-sensing platform to mobile, developers can optimize user engagement by creating apps that instantly respond to their unfiltered emotion feedback.
The Affdex SDK builds on the scientifically proven, cloud-based Affdex emotion-sensing platform, adapted for mobile environments without internet access. Users' facial expressions are captured (via device camera, video or single image) and valuable emotion insights are generated on-device, in real-time. Keeping the processing on the iOS device, enables Affectiva to uphold the privacy of users by ensuring that facial images are not saved or transmitted.
The CEO of Affectiva, Nick Langeveld stated, "Emotions are what truly make the difference in taking an ordinary, everyday experience and turning it into an extraordinary moment that we remember. Building the Affdex SDK opens up a world of possibilities for developers who want to make their apps more emotionally engaging. We're excited to see what this community will create as we work together to find new use-cases and make emotion-sensing technology more ubiquitous."
Stephanie Tilenius, a Kleiner Perkins Caufield Bauer executive stated, "Mobile is growing exponentially. With social networking and geo-location, our devices are enabled to know who we are, where we are and what we're doing. However, these smart devices are still missing the key element to understanding human sentiment. As technology innovators, Affectiva is creating a platform for passive and active emotion-sensing --the next generation of social communication."
New features of the SDK include the following:
- Real-Time Capability. With emotion analysis taking place directly on the iOS device, developers can gather instantaneous feedback from their users, without requiring access to the internet.
- Rich Expressions. The SDK can gather the full range of your users' emotions by detecting discrete and dimensional emotional metrics from the face such as smile, surprise, dislike and valence (overall positivity or negativity).
- Validated Science. The SDK provides accurate emotion detection that leverages the same technology as our cloud-based emotion-sensing platform.
- Ultimate Flexibility. Acquire users' emotions from a variety of content including real-time video from the camera, still images or video files. The opportunities to engage your users with the SDK are endless.
- Easy installation. The SDK quickly installs in a standard way for iOS with no complex configuration required, so developers can get up and running in just a few minutes.
- Developer Support. A high-quality technical documentation is included for developers to access within the SDK bundle.
Developers can signup to get the Affdex SDK for iOS at the www.affdex.com/mobile-sdk.
Affectiva is the global expert in consumer emotion insights. Through Affdex™ facial coding software, the company delivers cost-effective, scalable emotion analytics to Fortune 500 companies, market research agencies and entertainment and media publishers. Based on the world's largest emotion metrics database, their technology has become the standard for real-world accuracy and relevance in consumer insights. For more information, visit www.affdex.com
Affdex Consumer Emotion Insights
Multimedia Assets associated with this release:
- Technology & Electronics