The story focuses on Mackenzie's budding career as a novelist, but also dives into her relationship with her husband.
Despite running one of the biggest companies in the world, Jeff Bezos makes his wife and kids his top priority.
Here are a few of the points highlighted by Vogue's Rebecca Johnson:
- He takes the afternoon off at the drop of a hat to read his wife's manuscripts. "Jeff is my best reader," Mackenzie told Vogue. He reads the entire manuscript in one sitting and returns it with detailed notes.
- He brags about how amazing his wife is. "I think my wife is resourceful, smart, brainy, and hot, but I had the good fortune of having seen her résumé before I met her, so I knew exactly what her SATs were,” Jeff told Vogue, declining to give the score.
- He picks out designer duds, like a Diane Von Furstenberg bag, for his wife. “I pay attention to what she likes to wear, and you’d be amazed by how often things work,” Jeff said. “Sometimes I call her and say, ‘What’s your such-and-such size?’ and she says, ‘Why?’ and I say, ‘None of your business!’ It delights her....I highly recommend it to any man.”
- He supports his wife's career, but wasn't mad when she decided not to publish with Amazon. “Writing makes her really happy,” he told Vogue. The days she gets up early to write are always good ones in the Bezos household. “By the time I come down,” he says, “she will be literally dancing in the kitchen, which the kids and I love.”
Jeff is undoubtedly repaying Mackenzie for all the support she's lent over the years.
He said in his Princeton Commencement Speech that she was the one who encouraged him to quit his job and start Amazon.
More From Business Insider
- Amazon Has Fired The German Firm Accused Of Hiring 'Neo-Nazi' Guards
- The 7 Best Tech Companies For Interns
- Tailor Explains Everything Men Need To Know About Buying A Dress Shirt
- Arts & Entertainment
- Employment & Career
- Jeff Bezos
- Mackenzie Bezos