LAS VEGAS, NV--(Marketwire - Jan 7, 2013) - 2013 International Consumer Electronics Show - AMD (
Additionally, AMD announced the availability of AMD Radeon™ HD 8000 Series desktop graphics, available only through OEMs. The AMD Radeon HD 8000 Series features revolutionary GCN Architecture with support for DirectX® 11.1 for optimal acceleration of Windows® 8 platforms, AMD App Acceleration to enhance GPU performance, and features intelligent power management technology such as AMD PowerTune with boost1, 3, 4. Both announcements represent a commitment from AMD to provide the ideal graphics solution for everyday notebook and desktop users, whether they're gaming, streaming online HD videos, creating presentations or editing photos or videos.
"Today's simultaneous launches of our AMD Radeon HD 8000M Series for mobile and the AMD Radeon HD 8000 Series for desktop graphics symbolize a major milestone for AMD -- we are now bringing the capabilities of our GCN Architecture, and full DirectX 11.1 support to a much broader market," said Matt Skynner, corporate vice president and general manager, AMD Graphics. "More than ever, AMD is ensuring users are fully covered when it comes to graphics power. The AMD Radeon 8000M Series for mobile and the AMD Radeon HD 8000 Series for desktop deliver outstanding compute power to drive productivity and multimedia applications, help improve video and image quality from web browsing to gaming, and provide outstanding battery life through it all."
The AMD Radeon HD 8800M, HD 8700M, HD 8600M and HD 8500M GPUs are graphics powerhouses, ideal for users who are seeking to upgrade their existing notebook and want a superior, industry-leading graphics experience. Whether on-the-go, at work or at home, the AMD Radeon HD 8000M Series meets the everyday demands of any user. The AMD Radeon HD 8000M Series features AMD Enduro Technology, a cutting-edge power-saving solution that scales GPU usage and power based on graphics demand. Users will experience a redesigned user interface with full user profile control that intelligently detects the power source and GPU, allowing applications to scale seamlessly. Additionally, the new user interface has default settings ideal for a majority of users, with expert mode control options for enthusiasts and power users.
Features of the AMD Radeon HD 8000M Series of GPUs:
- Engineered for Performance: AMD App Acceleration drives GPU-accelerated features in Windows 8 improving graphics performance and application speed, while advanced GPU compute capabilities enable users to run multiple applications smoothly, enjoy beautifully rich and clear video playback, and revel in lightning-fast game play4.
- Stable, Reliable, Feature Rich: The AMD Catalyst™ Technology is designed to allow users to control every aspect of their GPU and ensure hardware stability, as well as enabling them to unlock new features and improvements with each driver release.
- Immersive 3D Visuals: AMD HD3D Technology enables 3D display capabilities for many PC applications allowing users to view, create, share and download in full stereoscopic 3D5.
At CES, AMD is showcasing notebooks from ASUS, Dell, Lenovo and Samsung featuring AMD Radeon HD 8000M Series graphics. For more information on these latest systems visit www.amd.com/HD8000M.
AMD Radeon HD 8000 Series Graphics for OEM Desktop PCs
The AMD Radeon HD 8000 Series desktop graphics cards are designed to make everyday computing entertaining and productive. Driven by GCN Architecture, AMD Radeon HD 8000 Series graphics come fully equipped with AMD App Acceleration to provide a rich Windows 8 experience and enhanced performance when using everyday applications like web browsers and productivity suites4. Users will experience superior visuals and outstanding performance with support for DirectX 11.1 as well as PCI Express 3.01. The AMD Radeon HD 8000 Series graphics cards also utilize AMD ZeroCore Power technology which improves power savings when computers enter an idle state3. Select AMD Radeon HD 8000 Series graphics will be available in desktop systems from major OEMs, starting late January 2013.
- Learn more about the AMD Radeon™ HD 8000M Series Graphics
- Learn more about the AMD Radeon™ HD 8000 Series Graphics for Desktop OEM PCs
- Learn more about AMD GCN Architecture
- Learn more about AMD App Acceleration
- Read about AMD Enduro™ Technology
- Follow AMD Graphics news on Twitter at @AMDRadeon
- Become a fan of AMD on Facebook
AMD, the AMD Arrow logo, AMD CrossFire, AMD Enduro, Radeon, and combinations thereof, are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. Other names are for informational purposes only and may be trademarks of their respective owners.
1. The GCN Architecture and its associated features (PCI Express® 3.0, support for DirectX® 11.1, AMD Enduro™, AMD ZeroCore Power technology, etc.) are applicable to select AMD Radeon™ HD 7000/HD 7000M and HD 8000/HD 8000M Series Graphics (not available on AMD Radeon™ HD 8350 and HD 8400 series graphics). Not all technologies are supported in all system configurations -- check with your system manufacturer for specific model capabilities.
2. AMD Enduro™ technology automatically turns off the AMD Radeon™ discrete GPU for non-intensive applications to help maximize battery life for more time unplugged, and requires either an AMD A-Series APU or an Intel processor, plus an AMD Radeon™ discrete graphics card and is available on Windows® 7 and Windows® 8 Standard and Professional editions. Linux OS supports manual switching which requires restart of X-Server to switch between graphics solutions. With AMD Enduro™ technology, full enablement of all discrete graphics video and display features may not be supported on all systems (e.g. OpenGL applications will run on the integrated GPU or the APU as the case may be). Always check with your system manufacturer for specific mode capabilities and supported technologies.
3. AMD PowerTune and AMD PowerTune with boost, AMD ZeroCore and other AMD power management technologies are a family of technologies offered with certain AMD Radeon™ graphics products (not available with the AMD Radeon™ HD 8350 and HD 8400 series desktop graphics) which are designed to intelligently manage GPU power consumption in response to certain GPU load conditions. Not all products feature all technologies -- check with your component or system manufacturer for specific model capabilities.
4. AMD App Acceleration is a set of technologies designed to improve video quality and enhance application performance. Full enablement of some features requires support for OpenCL™ or DirectCompute (including AMD's Universal Video Decoder (UVD)). Not all products have all features and full enablement of some capabilities and may require complementary products.
5. AMD HD3D is a technology designed to enable stereoscopic 3D support in games, movies and/or photos. Requires 3D stereo drivers, glasses, and display. Not all features may be supported on all components or systems -- check with your component or system manufacturer for specific model capabilities and supported technologies. A list of supported stereoscopic 3D hardware is available at http://www.amd.com/HD3D.
- Technology & Electronics