AMELIA ISLAND, FL--(Marketwire -08/02/12)- Several Amelia Island hotels and inns are serving up a heaping side of savings for the upcoming Great Southern Tailgate Cook-off, August 24-25. Visitors can take advantage of special discounted rates and packages for the two-day cook-off event, which includes free live entertainment and more than 60 professional and backyard teams cooking up their best barbeque.
The following accommodators are offering discounts** for the cook-off:
- Addison on Amelia offers a free night on reservations of four nights or more during cook-off.
- Amelia Island Hampton Inn at the Beach is offering a $99 rate for a double room, plus tax, during the cook-off.
- Amelia Hotel at the Beach is offering standard rooms for $79 per night. The rate is only available through phone reservations and includes parking, daily breakfast, afternoon cookie service and the new "Lobby Lounge." Mention rate code COOK when booking.
- Beachside Motel will offer a third night free. For visitors who can only stay for two nights, the property is offering a 20 percent discount. One discount per room. Offers are valid August 22-27. Must call (877) 261-4236 to receive discount.
- Elizabeth Pointe Lodge offers a Great Southern Tailgate Cook-off Package starting at $578. The package includes a king bed, sunset guest room for two nights, bike rental for two, hors d'oeuvres reception each evening, complete breakfast each morning, newspaper, Wi-Fi, beach equipment and parking.
- Fairbanks House is offering a bottle of Roasted Raspberry Chipotle Sauce and a bag of Southern Slush Mix to guests staying three or more nights during Cook-off. Guests will also be treated to gourmet breakfasts and evening social hours. Offer is available for new bookings only, and one offer per room. Mention code STC12 when making reservations.
- Residence Inn, Amelia Island, the official host hotel of the Great Southern Tailgate Cook-off, offers rates starting at $109 per night, which includes free breakfast, evening social, and shuttle service to the cook-off. Mention Tailgate Cook-off to get the rate.
The BBQ Cook-off begins at 3 p.m. on Aug. 24, and 10 a.m. on Aug. 25 and offers free entertainment throughout the two-day event. For more information about the Great Southern Tailgate Cook-off and additional packages, visit www.gstailgatecookoff.com.
**Prices do not include tax and are based on availability. Contact each hotel for reservations and restrictions.
Image Available: http://www2.marketwire.com/mw/frame_mw?attachid=2056660