CRANBURY, N.J.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--
AmeriHealth New Jersey and The Guardian Life Insurance Company of America (Guardian), one of the nation’s largest mutual life insurers and a leading provider of employee benefits, have formed a strategic relationship to provide Guardian’s specialty insurance products to AmeriHealth New Jersey’s members and employer groups. The new benefit options — life, short-term disability, long-term disability, accident and critical illness insurance — are an important addition to AmeriHealth New Jersey’s line of products as they offer members financial protection from unforeseen hardships and expenses. The benefits will be available to employers with 51 or more enrolled members this fall for group plan renewals on or after January 1, 2014. These products will be available to employers with 2-50 enrolled members by mid-2014.
“At AmeriHealth New Jersey, we are committed to continuing to present our members and customer groups with flexible and innovative benefit options that meet their unique and individual coverage needs,” said Mike Munoz, senior vice president of sales and marketing for AmeriHealth New Jersey. “The new line of specialty products complements AmeriHealth New Jersey’s comprehensive line of first-class medical plans while offering added income protection when the unexpected happens. This is just one more way that we are meeting the needs of consumers.”
Flexible and innovative insurance options
The combined strength and expertise of AmeriHealth New Jersey and Guardian provides employers the brands they trust and the insurance products they need, including:
- Life. Group term and supplemental insurance.
- Disability. Long-term and short-term disability coverage for employees.
- Accident. Provides benefit payment for services or procedures due to a covered accident, such as x-rays and ambulance services, regardless of what is covered by the employee’s medical policy. A key differentiator of this product is a special benefit providing enhanced coverage for children injured in organized sports.
- Critical illness. Cancer, heart attack, stroke, and major organ transplants. Provides a lump sum benefit payment to help employees pay for out-of-pocket medical costs and non-medical costs.
“Guardian is committed to exceeding customers’ expectations through high quality specialty products, exceptional service and competitive pricing,” said Chris Swanker, vice president, Worksite and Specialty Markets at Guardian. "Guardian is proud to combine our national brand and experience in non-medical benefits with the strong market expertise of AmeriHealth New Jersey to provide a high quality solution for employers and their employees."
Employer benefits include:
- Convenience. The convenience of offering to employees a complete benefits package of quality medical and non-medical products.
- Medical discount. Some employers may qualify for a medical discount on bundled products.
- Dedicated claims analyst. Access to experienced claims analysts dedicated to managing claims quickly and efficiently.
About AmeriHealth New Jersey
AmeriHealth HMO, Inc. and AmeriHealth Insurance Company of New Jersey (collectively, AmeriHealth New Jersey) provide health insurance coverage to employers and individuals throughout New Jersey. The company has the largest provider network in New Jersey*, and provides access to hospitals and doctors across the nation. The company is also committed to offering value-added insurance solutions for customers through its innovative wellness and incentive programs and benefits designs.
The company's managed care plan, AmeriHealth HMO, Inc. is accredited by National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA).
AmeriHealth New Jersey and its affiliates are a growing group of insurance and health companies whose product portfolios include health insurance, workers' compensation, property and casualty insurance, and management services. AmeriHealth New Jersey headquarters are located in Cranbury, NJ. For more information on AmeriHealth New Jersey, visit www.amerihealthnj.com.
* Based on analysis done through an independent source.
A mutual insurer founded in 1860, The Guardian Life Insurance Company of America and its subsidiaries are committed to protecting individuals, business owners and their employees. Guardian protects more than six million employees and their families at 115,000 companies. The company has approximately 5,000 employees in the United States.
For more information about Guardian, please visit: www.GuardianLife.com.
Guardian Accident Insurance, Cancer Insurance and Critical Illness policies are underwritten by The Guardian Life Insurance Company of America, New York, NY. Products are not available in all states. Policy limitations and exclusions apply. Optional riders and/or features may incur additional costs.
- New Jersey