NORWOOD, Mass.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--
Analog Devices, Inc. (ADI), a global leader in high-performance semiconductors for signal-processing applications, today introduced the ADP1051 advanced digital power controller with PMBus™ interface targeting ultra-compact, high density isolated DC-to-DC power supply systems with parallel/redundant capability. The ADP1051 is an extremely versatile digital controller with six PWM (pulse width modulation) logic outputs that can be programmed using an easy-to use graphic user interface (GUI) via the PMBus interface. The device enables high energy efficiency topologies including full bridge and active clamp forward variants with precision drive timing and control of secondary synchronous rectifiers. Energy efficiency is further optimised using adaptive dead-time compensation to improve the efficiency over the load range and programmable light load mode operation combined with low device power consumption (
- Order samples and download data sheet: http://www.analog.com/ADP1051
- Connect with engineers and ADI product experts on EngineerZone™, an online technical support community: http://ez.analog.com/community/power
- Learn more about ADI’s power management applications, design tools and case studies: http://www.analog.com/en/power-management/products/index.html
The ADP1051 power controller is easily programmed using an intuitive graphical-user interface which enables customers to design and store settings in the high reliability, internal EEPROM memory. The ADP1051 implements several features to enable a robust system of parallel and redundant operation for customers that require high availability for increased current scaling. The device includes master/slave synchronization, reverse current protection and pre-bias start-up, accurate passive or droop current sharing between power supplies and a patented technique to identify and safely shutdown an erroneous power supply in parallel operation mode.
Key ADP1051 Features and Benefits:
- Small 4 x 4mm package enables ultra-compact isolated DC-to-DC design
- Extensive PMBus command set for programming and telemetry enabling intelligent power management and efficiency optimization
- Digital control loop with six logic PWM logic signals to drive high efficiency power supply topologies with controlled synchronous rectification
- Adaptive dead-time compensation and light load modes
- Robust parallel operating scheme for high availability applications requiring redundancy including accurate droop current share, pre-bias start-up, reverse current protection and conditional overvoltage protection
- GUI programmability promotes ease of use and reduces time to market
Availability, Pricing and Complementary Components
|ADP1051||Now||-40°C to +125°C||$3.90||
The ADP1051 digital controller is complemented by ADI’s MOSFET drivers and ADI’s iCoupler® digital isolators in isolated power systems, and the ADP1047 and ADP1048 power factor correction digital controllers in AC-to-DC systems. These devices facilitate easy implementation of intelligent power management for greater energy efficiency.
About Analog Devices
Innovation, performance, and excellence are the cultural pillars on which Analog Devices has built one of the longest standing, highest growth companies within the technology sector. Acknowledged industry-wide as the world leader in data conversion and signal conditioning technology, Analog Devices serves over 60,000 customers, representing virtually all types of electronic equipment. Analog Devices is headquartered in Norwood, Massachusetts, with design and manufacturing facilities throughout the world. Analog Devices is included in the S&P 500 Index. http://www.analog.com
Follow ADI on Twitter at http://www.twitter.com/ADI_News
To subscribe to Analog Dialogue, ADI’s monthly technical journal, visit: http://www.analog.com/library/analogDialogue/
iCoupler® is a registered trademark of Analog Devices, Inc.