The filings have fueled speculation that Apple's smartwatch is a real product, and could be released in the near future. Here's what we know so far:
- Apple trademarked "iWatch" in Japan, according to Bloomberg and several other news outlets. That news got a lot of attention all day yesterday.
- But last night Mark Gurman of 9to5Mac discovered Apple has filed for the iWatch trademark in several more countries: Mexico, Taiwan, Turkey, and Colombia.
More From Business Insider
- Google's New 7-inch Tablet Might Be Released Before The End Of The Month
- 15 Apps Everyone Is Talking About Right Now
- After Selling Bebo For $850 Million Then Watching It Die, Founder Michael Birch Buys It Back For $1 Million
- Information Technology