LAS VEGAS, NV--(Marketwire -07/25/12)- Appthority, The Authority in App Security™, has announced a series of new partnerships with DreamLab Technologies, Fixmo, IronKey, PrivacyChoice, and Quixey to extend the reach of Mobile App Risk Management through the Appthority Platform. The Appthority Platform automatically identifies and manages security and privacy risks hidden in mobile apps, using static and dynamic analysis through its cloud-based behavioral analysis engine.
Named "Most Innovative Company of RSA® Conference 2012" at its early 2012 launch, Appthority has seen great demand for its app scanning technology. This new growth helped Appthority close a $6.25M Series A round with Venrock and US Venture Partners (USVP). Today, Appthority is showcasing exciting new partnerships at Black Hat 2012. The company will be meeting with customers, media and new partners at the security conference's expo floor in booth P3 at the Octavius Ballroom of Caesars Palace in Las Vegas.
The Appthority Platform provides App Risk Analysis feeds to Enterprise Mobility Management (EMM), Mobile Device Management (MDM), Mobile App Management (MAM), Enterprise App Catalogs (also known as Enterprise App Stores), and Enterprise App Developers. With these new partnerships, Appthority's Mobile App Risk Management will now also be available to security consultants, Mobile Risk Management (MRM) enterprise and government customers, as well as consumers who worry about mobile app risk.
Domingo Guerra, co-founder and president of Appthority, said the company's partner centric approach is paying off.
"Our partners are leaders in their space who already offer amazing products," Guerra said, "By adding Appthority's innovative Mobile App Risk Management to their services and solutions, our partners are giving their customers an insight into what apps really do. This enables a safer mobile experience in a convenient fashion; by integrating the Appthority Platform to the products customers are already using, users can now make more intelligent decisions on what apps they allow into their lives."
Appthority has announced the following new partnerships:
- DreamLab Technologies is a leading consulting company in developing and implementing individual solutions for integral security concerning customer organizations, information and systems. As a performance oriented and reliable partner for Appthority, DreamLab Technologies helps extend app security through profound knowledge and an integral, neutral, and independent approach based on open standards. As an experienced education partner, the company can also pass on our knowledge in an integral and integrable way.
"Integral security," explained DreamLab Technologies' founder and CEO Nicolas Mayencourt, "stands for security as an overall package. It also involves processes, ways of communication and structural measures, in addition to IT. Integral information security is an important prerequisite to responsibly leading an organization."
- Fixmo is the Mobile Risk Management (MRM) company that enables protected and compliant mobile computing in the workplace. With Fixmo Sentinel and Fixmo SafeZone, IT organizations can secure and protect their corporate data, manage their mobile devices, monitor system integrity and maintain regulatory compliance across their entire mobility deployment.
Through the partnership with Appthority, Fixmo will extend its mobile risk management platform to enable IT organizations to assess the threats and security vulnerabilities associated with third party mobile apps running on devices within their networks.
"By bringing Fixmo's device integrity and compliance monitoring solutions together with Appthority's Mobile App Risk Management, we can give organizations a comprehensive view into the threats and vulnerabilities across their mobile devices, applications and users," said Dan Ford, CSO at Fixmo. "This is all about giving our customers the actionable risk intelligence they need to detect and prevent security breaches and maintain regulatory compliance."
- IronKey is ranked by the Wall Street Journal as the 14th best venture funded company in America. IronKey's data security and secure Web browsing products are used by over 3,000 enterprises and a million users every day.
"Partnering with Appthority was a great decision when IronKey decided to bring our secure browsing and mobile device security technology to Android. This allows IronKey customers to have a single cloud-based security management platform for Android, iPhone, iPad, Windows PC and Mac computers. This is crucial when rolling out Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) programs. It's also very important for consumers, who can now use IronKey security on any device," said David Jevans, founder and chairman of IronKey.
- PrivacyChoice MobileScan makes privacy compliance easier for app developers by scanning apps for third-party data transmission and rating recipients based on their privacy practices and qualifications. Using the PrivacyChoice API, developers also can embed appropriate privacy disclosure seamlessly into their privacy policies, in order to comply with stricter privacy disclosure requirements enforced by government regulators and app marketplaces.
"Developers need not fear the burden of compliance with new privacy disclosure requirements," said Jim Brock, PrivacyChoice founder and CEO. "Through hosted app scanning and our privacy disclosure tools, developers can quickly deliver a first-class privacy experience for their users and comply with rapidly evolving privacy requirements. Our partnership with Appthority brings together their leading app-security platform with our best-in-class privacy framework, making it even easier for app developers to minimize risk."
- Quixey is the search engine for apps -- searching mobile, desktop, web and browser apps. Quixey invented a new type of search, Functional Search™, that allows users to find apps by searching for what they want to do, without having to know the app's name. Quixey partners with major app stores, search engines, manufacturers, carriers and Web platforms to power app search globally.
"Quixey is committed to creating a trusted app ecosystem around the globe," said Tomer Kagan, Quixey CEO. "Quixey and Appthority are solving a serious problem in the mobile space. Given the rise in malware and the increasing need for app security, Quixey is partnering with Appthority to deliver the safest, most trusted experience when downloading apps onto a mobile device."
To schedule a meeting with Appthority at Black Hat, please email AppthorityPR@shiftcomm.com.
Follow Appthority on Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/getappthority.
Appthority -- The Authority in App Security™ helps the enterprise identify and manage the risks hidden in mobile apps. The cloud-based Appthority Platform™ automatically identifies and grades risky behavior in mobile apps including known and unknown malware, new malware used in targeted attacks, corporate data exfiltration, and intellectual property exposure. The Appthority Platform integrates with the enterprise's existing mobile solutions, adding app reputation and risk analysis capabilities to Enterprise Mobility Management (EMM), Mobile Device Management (MDM), Mobile App Management (MAM) Enterprise App Catalogs, and Enterprise Mobile App Developers' Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) process. For more information on Appthority please visit www.appthority.com.
Appthority name and logo are either registered trademarks or trademarks of Appthority, Inc in the United States and/or other countries. All other products and/or services referenced are trademarks of their respective companies.
- Mobile Device Management
- Risk Management