SAN FRANCISCO, CA--(Marketwire - Nov 6, 2012) - Appthority, The Authority in App Security™, today announced the company has hit a series of significant milestones. Appthority continues to make traction within the larger mobile security industry, having just been named a SINET 16 Innovator by industry and federal government leaders. The company continues to expand and has tripled staff size from its original team of founders.
According to IDC, the Mobile Enterprise Management (MEM) software market is expected to reach $1.8 billion by 2016, growing at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 31.8 percent during the period. To better serve the growing MEM market, Appthority has quadrupled its partnership roster, and today announced the following new partnerships: AppFortify, Kaprica Security, LANDesk, Metaforic and mSIGNIA. Through these partnerships, Appthority's Mobile App Risk Management will now also be available to security consultants, Mobile Risk Management (MRM), enterprises, and consumers who worry about mobile app risk.
- AppFortify - Your Favorite Apps. Military Grade Security. Without the Container.
- Kaprica Security is a cyber solutions company developing an innovative new mobile security platform. As opposed to conventional software products, its platform takes a hardware-centric approach enabling it to assess security risks with ease and a higher degree of confidence.
- LANDesk Software, a global leader in integrated systems, security and mobility management, helps IT professionals to not only gain control of the diverse environment of devices, platforms and applications that support today's sophisticated end-users, but also to safeguard and manage critical business and IT infrastructure and services.
- Metaforic is a leading provider of security software whose solutions directly prevent attack from any change to code or data by automatically adding real-time security to code that is to be protected. Metaforic offers a real time anti-tamper and integrity checking solution for firmware, OS and applications that protects against subversion, theft, malware, tampering or other corruption.
- mSIGNIA is an authentication company that makes using mobile apps fast, easy and safe. Patent-pending Dynamic Key Crypto validates the PIN and the user's behavior. The users' actions personalize the device with hundreds of customizations which uniquely identify the user and the device. The same technology can also protect data without key vulnerabilities and provide a Service Reputation that benefits all protected apps.
Driving Innovation in the Public Sector
The Appthority Platform was recently recognized by The Security Innovation Network (SINET); Appthority was selected from a group of nearly 100 vendors as a SINET 16 Innovator. The program's main goal is to identify innovation that will lead change and build trusted global collaboration models between the public and private sectors to ultimately defeat cybersecurity threats. The Appthority Platform addresses the most pressing technology needs of the Federal Government and private industry -- and, ultimately, will help to better protect the nation's Critical Infrastructure and Command and Control systems.
Rapid Company Growth and Tripled Employee Count
Appthority has continued rapid growth since its Series A $6.25 million round of funding in May, and the employee count has tripled within the year. Appthority has built out its technical staff to ensure continued technological innovation; the company has already scanned and certified hundreds of thousands of apps as enterprise-secure. The development team collectively has more than 40 years experience in the IT security industry.
Pre-Approved Appthority Quote:
"The growth of consumerization of IT and BYOD have presented some significant security challenges for the enterprise, and Appthority fills that missing piece of the puzzle -- enabling businesses to create mobile policy with insight into mobile app behaviors," said Appthority's co-founder and CEO Anthony Bettini. "Through partnerships, we've been able to reach an ever larger audience and, in turn, our partners have had the opportunity to introduce increasingly innovative and exciting applications. We believe our success is a direct result of our focus on protecting investments in MDM, EMM and MAM and working closely with those organizations to manage the risks hidden inside mobile apps."
Pre-Approved Partner Quotes:
"Metaforic's security technology and Appthority's mobile app risk management is a winning combination for any mobile application," said Andrew McLennan, chief security officer of Metaforic. "Developers will have the confidence to distribute apps knowing they're secure from malware -- before, during and after download."
"mSIGNIA's partnership with Appthority allows consumer app providers to safely serve well-identified customers on a mobile device free of malware," explained mSIGNIA CEO Paul Miller. "Appthority provides positive recognition for mSIGNIA protected apps that care about customers' safety and privacy. When you know the user and device have a good reputation, everybody wins except the bad guys."
Follow Appthority on Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/getappthority.
Appthority - The Authority in App Security™ helps the enterprise identify and manage the risks hidden in mobile apps. The cloud-based Appthority Platform™ automatically identifies and grades risky behavior in mobile apps including known and unknown malware, new malware used in targeted attacks, corporate data exfiltration, and intellectual property exposure. The Appthority Platform integrates with the enterprise's existing mobile solutions, adding app reputation and risk analysis capabilities to Enterprise Mobility Management (EMM), Mobile Device Management (MDM), Mobile App Management (MAM) Enterprise App Catalogs, and Enterprise Mobile App Developers' Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) process. For more information on Appthority please visit www.appthority.com.
Appthority name and logo are either registered trademarks or trademarks of Appthority, Inc in the United States and/or other countries. All other products and/or services referenced are trademarks of their respective companies.
- Technology & Electronics