BOARDMAN, Ohio--(BUSINESS WIRE)--
Aqua Ohio, Inc. (Aqua) today announced that its unprecedented $23 million infrastructure investment program was a success.
Aqua’s capital spending across Ohio operating divisions included:
- $5.1 million throughout its Lakeshore/Ashtabula operating divisions, which include portions of Lake, Geauga, Summit Williams; and Ashtabula counties.
- $6 million throughout its Stark operating division, which includes portions of Stark, Richland and Summit counties.
- $2.3 million throughout its Struthers/Masury operating divisions, which include portions of Mahoning County and parts of Trumbull County.
- $4 million throughout its Marion/Tiffin operating divisions, which include Marion and Seneca counties.
- $3.1 million throughout its Franklin operating division, which includes portions of Franklin, Lawrence and Preble counties.
“With 33 water systems across the state it is vital to continually invest in infrastructure,” said Aqua Ohio President Edmund Kolodziej. “These investments help assure quality and reliable water delivery from the plants to the tap and I’m proud to say that next year we’re accelerating our replacement of old infrastructure and spending nearly $30 million.”
This year’s investment program represents a continued commitment of infrastructure investment. The 2012 capital program, included $19 million in similar improvements throughout the state and next year the company plans to spend $29.8 million. These investments are notable as many communities are balancing budgets by postponing this kind of maintenance and needed upgrades.
Aqua serves approximately 450,000 residents in 16 counties throughout the state of Ohio. Visit www.aquaamerica.com for more information.
- Utility Industry
Director of Communications