NEW YORK--(BUSINESS WIRE)--
Arch Insurance Group, a member of Arch Capital Group Ltd., announces a new, specialized management liability product in the U.S.:
ARCH ESSENTIAL SIDE Asm
SIDE A LEAD DIFFERENCE IN CONDITIONS (“DIC”) &
FOLLOW FORM EXCESS LIABILITY INSURANCE POLICY
In today's legal and economic environment, every company must protect the personal liability of its directors and officers. With increased regulatory scrutiny and a rise in instances of financial insolvency, a company’s directors’ and officers’ personal assets are vulnerable to heightened exposure through escalating defense expenses, settlements and judgments. Arch Insurance Group’s new Side A D&O product offers a concise and straight-forward policy form to address these exposures.
“Our objective with this product is to expand the level of personal protection available to executives and board members in the instance when their company cannot or will not indemnify them” said Matthew Shulman, Executive Vice President, Executive Assurance Division at Arch.
“This new policy form responds as both a Lead Differences in Conditions (“DIC”) policy as well as an Excess Follow Form policy depending on the circumstances of the claim and underlying coverage.”
Follow form Coverage
- Broad exhaustion language
- Follows important definitions of the Followed Policy
- Drop down coverage available when underlying carrier denies or rescinds coverage, is not liable or fails to pay, fails to respond or is insolvent (subject to specific policy terms and conditions).
Definition of Loss to include:
- Coverage for punitive, exemplary or multiple damages
- Coverage for civil penalties
- Broadest coverage available in the most favorable jurisdiction
Limited and narrow exclusions
- Fully severable personal conduct exclusions with carve backs for defense costs and independent directors
- No Bodily Injury/Property Damage, ERISA, Pollution, Insured v. Insured or Prior Notice Exclusions
- Capacity: $25 million
Arch Insurance Group Inc. is a member of Arch Capital Group Ltd., a Bermuda-based company that provides insurance and reinsurance on a worldwide basis through its wholly owned subsidiaries. For more information, visit www.archinsurance.com.
Insurance coverage is underwritten by one or more member companies of Arch Insurance Group in North America, which consists of Arch Insurance Company (a MO corporation, NAIC # 11150), Arch Specialty Insurance Company (a NE corporation, NAIC #21199), Arch Excess & Surplus Insurance Company (a NE corporation, NAIC # 10946) and Arch Indemnity Insurance Company (a NE Corporation, NAIC #30830). Executive offices are located at One Liberty Plaza in New York City 10006. Not all insurance coverages or products are available in all jurisdictions. Coverage is subject to actual policy language. This information is intended for use by licensed insurance producers.
- Insurance Company
Thomas C. Routson (609) 760-4556
Vice President, Corporate Marketing & Communications