Asian markets have opened modestly higher, after the S&P 500 ended its 8-day winning streak.
The Nikkei is modestly higher. Remember it has been up after Shinzo Abe came to power on promises of more aggressive stimulus policies.
Australia's stocks are up as trading resumes after a three-day weekend.
- Japan's Nikkei is up 0.10 percent
- Australia's S&P/ASX 200 is up 0.88 percent
- South Korea's KOSPI is up 0.46 percent
More From Business Insider
- HTML5 vs. Apps: Here's Why The Debate Matters, And Who Will Win
- LEAKED: Here's What Tim Cook Told Employees In A Secret Meeting About Apple's Tanking Stock
- Massive Explosion Reported At Iran's Fordow Nuclear Facility
- Politics & Government
- Shinzo Abe