Asian markets are in the red on Friday.
Mounting tensions between Ukraine and Russia also weighed on the markets.
- Japan's Nikkei is off 376 points, down 2.5%.
- Hong Kong's Hang Seng is down 0.8%
- China's Shanghai Composite is down 0.5%
- Korea's Kospi is down 0.4%
- Australia's S&P/ASX 200 is down 1.2%
"Investors are unwinding their long positions in the Nikkei and short positions in the yen," Kyoya Okazawa at BNP Paribas told Reuters.
This five-day chart shows Friday's stunning sell-off:
More From Business Insider
- Zuckerberg: I Just Called Obama To Say How Mad I Am About The NSA
- Investigators Think Missing Plane Might Have Been Stolen To Use Later
- Here's How A Giant Commercial Plane Can Suddenly Vanish Without A Trace
- Society & Culture