Targa Resources company overview and 4Q13 earnings review (Part 5 of 5)
In the natural gas gathering arena, Targa’s competitors include Kinder Morgan Energy Partners (KMP), DCP Midstream (DPM), Enbridge Energy (EEP), and ONEOK Partners (OKS), as well as various private companies. In the natural gas liquids marketing space, Targa’s competitors include upstream oil and gas producers that market their own natural gas liquids production, as well as Enterprise Products Partners (EPD), and DCP Midstream (DPM). In the natural gas liquids fractionation business, Targa competes primarily with Enterprise Products Partners, ONEOK, and LoneStar—which is a joint venture between Regency Energy Partners (RGP) and Energy Transfer Partners (ETP). In the export of propane and butane, Targa competes primarily with Enterprise Products Partners.
Refer to the above chart to see how Targa Resources compares against some of its peers in terms of size, distribution yield, and returns.
Browse this series on Market Realist:
- Part 1 - Targa Resources: A must-know company overview
- Part 2 - An investor’s key guide to Targa Resources’s business operations
- Part 3 - Why did Targa Resources exceed analysts’ expectations in 4Q13?
- Investment & Company Information
- Kinder Morgan Energy Partners
- Enterprise Products Partners
- Targa Resources