LONDON, UNITED KINGDOM--(Marketwired - Jun 12, 2014) - Atkins (WS) PLC (
Results for the year ended 31 March 2014"Good results and significant progress on our strategy"
Design, engineering and project management consultancy WS Atkins plc (Atkins) today announces its preliminary results for the year ended 31 March 2014.
|Underlying operating profit||2||GBP116.4m||GBP109.7m||+6.1%|
|Underlying operating margin||2||6.7%||6.4%||+0.3pp|
|Profit before taxation||GBP114.2m||GBP98.0m||+16.5%|
|Underlying profit before tax||3||GBP106.4m||GBP99.2m||+7.3%|
|Profit for the year after taxation||GBP96.3m||GBP84.3m||+14.2%|
|Underlying diluted EPS||4||85.7p||82.6p||+3.8%|
|Staff numbers 31 March||17,489||17,899||-2.3%|
|Average staff numbers||17,565||17,648||-0.5%|
|Operating cash flow||GBP95.5m||GBP82.9m||+15.2%|
|Work in Hand||6||51%||55%||-4.0pp|
- Underlying profit before tax up 7.3%, on revenue 2.6% ahead
- Excluding Peter Brown and UK highways services, disposed of in year, operating margin at 7.2%
- Operational excellence roll out in North America and Middle East
- Portfolio optimisation now substantially complete
- Confluence acquisition adds key programme management expertise and additional presence in our growth region of Asia Pacific
- Strong operating cash flow with net funds of GBP188.3m
- Full year dividend increased by 5.5% to 33.75 pence (2013:32.0p), on underlying diluted EPS up 3.8%
- Positive momentum continues into 2014/15, with outlook unchanged and in line with expectations."We have achieved good results with growth in profits and a strong cash performance. We have also made significant progress in delivering our strategy across the three pillars of operational excellence, portfolio optimisation and growth in defined segments and regions and are confident of making further progress in the year ahead."
|Allan Cook CBE||Prof Dr Uwe Krueger|
|Chairman||Chief executive officer|
Click on, or paste the following link into your web browser, to view the associated PDF document.
|Uwe Krueger, Chief executive officer||+44(0)2071212000|
|Heath Drewett, Group finance director||+44(0)2071212000|
|Sara Lipscombe, Group communications director||+44(0)2071212000|
|Kate Moy, Investor relations director||+44(0)2071212000|
This information is provided by RNS
The company news service from the London Stock Exchange
- Company Earnings
- Investment & Company Information
- WS Atkins plc