HERNDON, VA--(Marketwired - Aug 1, 2013) -
- Del Rosso: July sales increased 11.6% for the month, marking a strong start to the second half of the year
- Audi R8, Q5, Q7 sales jump; premium segment vehicles rose 20%
- Audi prepares for the launch of five new models in the coming months, including all-new TDI clean diesel vehicles
Audi today reported July 2013 sales of 13,064 vehicles, an 11.6% increase over the previous July record set last year. July also stands as the brand's 31st consecutive month of record sales. Audi sales YTD increased 13.6% to 87,341 vehicles sold.
"Audi is off to a solid start for the second half of the year," said Mark Del Rosso, Executive Vice President and Chief Operating Officer, Audi of America. "We expect the momentum to continue through the fall with the launch of three new clean diesel models, the Audi A6 TDI, Audi A7 TDI and Audi Q5 TDI, as well as two stunning high-performance vehicles, the Audi RS7 and Audi SQ5."
July results were bolstered by sales of Audi luxury SUVs, with the Audi Q7 posting a 49.0% gain in July with 1,328 units delivered for the month. Sales of the Audi Q5 luxury crossover increased 52.0% to 3,176 vehicles sold for the month. Year-to-date sales for the Audi Q7 increased 48.1% while sales for the Audi Q5 increased 37.4%.
Sales of the Audi R8 jumped 34.5% for the month, as customers responded to the improved 2014 models, including the Audi R8 V8, Audi R8 V10 and Audi R8 V10 plus. Audi sedan sales remained strong with the Audi A6 increasing 21.9% over the same period last year to 2,061 vehicles sold for the month.
Sales of Audi premium category vehicles (Audi A8, Audi A7, Audi A6, and Audi Q7) increased 20% YTD, representing 32.2% of total Audi sales year-to-date and 45% of the Audi year-to-date sales gain.
- Sales mix for Audi S performance variants finished the month at 13.9% for the S4 sedan; 31.3% for the S5/ RS 5; 8.2% for the S6; 13.2 % for the S7; 16.4 % for the S8; 29.4 % for the TTS / TT RS and TTS Roadster.
- Sales of Audi A6 increased 21.9% compared to July 2012; YTD sales grew 16.8% compared to previous period.
- Sales of Audi A8 increased 12.7% compared to July 2012; YTD sales grew 20.4% compared to previous period.
- Sales of the Audi Q5 increased 52.0% compared to July 2012; YTD sales grew 37.4% compared to previous period.
- Sales of the Audi Q7 increased 49.0% compared to July 2012; YTD sales grew 48.1% compared to previous period.
- Audi sold 462 allroad models in July, bringing YTD sales to 3,209 of the sport wagon.
- Audi R8 sales up 34.5% compared to July 2012.
- Sales mix for Audi A8 TDI finish the month at 15.7%; sales mix for the Audi Q7 TDI finish the month at 24%.
- The Audi A3 is being phased out in advance of the all-new A3 sedan arriving in the U.S. market next spring.
- Audi Certified pre-owned sales increased 3.7% to 3,252 vehicles in July; YTD increased 4.5% to 22,437 vehicles sold.
Audi of America, Inc. and its U.S. dealers offer a full line of German-engineered luxury vehicles. AUDI AG is among the most successful luxury automotive brands globally. Audi was a top-performing luxury brand in Europe during 2012, and broke all-time company sales records in the U.S. Through 2016, AUDI AG will invest about $17 billion on new products, facilities and technologies. Visit www.audiusa.com or www.audiusanews.com for more information regarding Audi vehicles and business topics.
|AUDI US SNAPSHOT||--MTD--||--YTD--|
|Model Line||July '13 Actual||July '12 Actual||Yr/Yr % change||July '13 YTD Actual||July '12 YTD Actual||Yr/Yr % change|
|A3||0||651||-100.0 %||826||4,229||-80.5 %|
|A4||2,989||2,988||0.0 %||20,831||21,008||-0.8 %|
|A5||1,717||1,732||-0.9 %||11,220||9,734||15.3 %|
|A6||2,061||1,691||21.9 %||12,000||10,275||16.8 %|
|A7||645||578||11.6 %||4,685||4,827||-2.9 %|
|A8||452||401||12.7 %||3,551||2,949||20.4 %|
|allroad||462||461||0.2 %||3,209||1,000||220.9 %|
|Audi Q5||3,176||2,090||52.0 %||21,486||15,634||37.4 %|
|Audi Q7||1,328||891||49.0 %||7,908||5,340||48.1 %|
|R8||74||55||34.5 %||471||558||-15.6 %|
|TT||160||169||-5.3 %||1,154||1,311||-12.0 %|
|Total Audi Sales||13,064||11,707||11.6 %||87,341||76,865||13.6 %|
|Total CPO Sales||3,252||3,136||3.7 %||22,437||21,475||4.5 %|
- 2012 A4 includes Audi A4 Avant, A4 sedan and S4 sedan, but does not include Audi allroad.
- 2012 A5 includes Audi A5 coupe, S5 coupe, RS 5 coupe, A5 Cabriolet and S5 Cabriolet models; 2013 includes RS 5 Cabriolet
- 2012 A6 includes Audi A6 sedan and S6 sedan.
- 2012 A7 includes A7 sedan and S7 sedan.
- 2012 A8 includes Audi A8 sedan, A8 L sedan and S8 sedan models.
- TT includes Audi TT, TTS, TT RS coupe'; TT and TTS roadster models.
- R8 includes Audi R8 coupe and R8 Spyder models.
- Automotive Industry
- Audi Q7
- Audi Q5