HERNDON, VA--(Marketwired - Oct 1, 2013) -
- Audi Q5, Q7 sales jump 44.9% and 31.9% respectively in September
- Audi YTD sales up 13.6%
- Audi A4/S4 sales rose 28.8%
Audi reported September 2013 sales of 13,065 vehicles, a 6.2% increase over the previous September record set last year. September also stands as the 33rd consecutive month of record sales for the brand. Audi sales YTD increased 13.6% to 114,411 vehicles sold.
Through the end of the third quarter, 2013 already ranked as the third best year of total Audi sales in the US market.
"Audi momentum remained strong in September with several new models expanding our lineup for the final push to another year of record sales," said Mark Del Rosso, Executive Vice President and COO, Audi of America. "With the Audi A6 TDI, A7 TDI, A8 TDI and Q5 TDI clean diesel models, along with the SQ5 performance crossover on dealer lots we are confident of setting record sales again this year."
September results were bolstered by sales of the Audi Q5 luxury crossover, which posted a 44.9% gain in September with 3,268 units delivered for the month. Sales of the Audi Q7 increased 31.9% to 1,386 vehicles sold for the month. Year-to-date sales for the Audi Q5 increased 43.7% while sales for the Audi Q7 increased 46.7%.
Audi sedan sales remained strong with the Audi A4 leading by an increase of 28.8% over the same period last year to 3,357 vehicles sold for the month.
Audi TDI sales remained strong with the addition of three new clean diesel models this summer, including the Audi A6 TDI, Audi A7 TDI and Audi Q5 TDI.
- Sales mix for Audi S performance variants finished the month at 13.9% for the S4 sedan; 32.7% for the S5/ RS 5; 6.0% for the S6; 15.7% for the S7; 13.2% for the S8; 22.5% for the TTS / TT RS and TTS Roadster and 6.4% for the SQ5 crossover.
- Sales of Audi A4 increased 28.8% compared to September 2012; YTD sales grew 2.3% compared to previous period.
- Sales of the Audi Q5 increased 44.9% compared to September 2012; YTD sales grew 43.7% compared to previous period.
- Sales of the Audi Q7 increased 31.9% compared to September 2012; YTD sales grew 46.7% compared to previous period.
- Sales mix for Audi A6 TDI finished the month at 12.8%, for the Audi A7 TDI at 11.7%, for the A8 TDI to 23%, the Audi Q5 TDI at 14.5%, and for the Audi Q7 TDI at 30.6%.
- The Audi A3 is being phased out in advance of the all-new A3 sedan arriving in the U.S. market next spring.
Audi of America, Inc. and its U.S. dealers offer a full line of German-engineered luxury vehicles. AUDI AG is among the most successful luxury automotive brands globally. Audi was a top-performing luxury brand in Europe during 2012, and broke all-time company sales records in the U.S. Through 2016, AUDI AG will invest about $17 billion on new products, facilities and technologies. Visit www.audiusa.com or www.audiusanews.com for more information regarding Audi vehicles and business topics.
|AUDI US SNAPSHOT||--MTD--||--YTD--|
|Model Line||September '13 Actual||September '12 Actual||Yr/Yr % change||September '13 YTD Actual||September '12 YTD Actual||Yr/Yr % change|
|Total Audi Sales||13,065||12,302||6.2%||114,411||100,694||13.6%|
|Total CPO Sales||2,982||2,799||6.5%||29,070||27,640||5.2%|
- 2012 A4 includes Audi A4 Avant, A4 sedan and S4 sedan, but does not include Audi allroad.
- 2012 A5 includes Audi A5 coupe, S5 coupe, RS 5 coupe, A5 Cabriolet and S5 Cabriolet models; 2013 includes RS 5 Cabriolet
- 2012 A6 includes Audi A6 sedan and S6 sedan.
- 2012 A7 includes A7 sedan and S7 sedan.
- 2012 A8 includes Audi A8 sedan, A8 L sedan and S8 sedan models.
- TT includes Audi TT, TTS, TT RS coupe'; TT and TTS roadster models.
- R8 includes Audi R8 coupe and R8 Spyder models.
- Automotive Industry
- Audi Q7
- Audi A7