HERNDON, VA--(Marketwired - Nov 1, 2013) -
- Audi Q5, Q7 sales increased 39.4% and 38.6% in October
- Audi A6 sales jump 13.5%
- Premium segment vehicles up 17% to constitute 32.7% of year-to-date sales
Audi reports October 2013 sales of 13,001 vehicles, an 11.0% increase over the previous October record set last year. October also stands as the brand's 34th consecutive month of record sales. Audi sales year-to-date increased 13.4% to 127,412 vehicles sold.
"With another monthly sales record, the sustainable Audi business model is on track to produce steady and profitable growth," said Mark Del Rosso, Executive Vice President and Chief Operating Officer, Audi of America. "We are confident that 2013 will stand as our fourth-straight record year."
October sales results were bolstered by sales of Audi luxury SUVs, with the Audi Q5 luxury crossover posting a 39.4% gain in October with 3,380 units delivered for the month. Sales of the Audi Q7 increased 38.6% to 1,403 vehicles sold for the month. Year-to-date sales for the Audi Q5 increased 43.3% while sales for the Audi Q7 increased 45.7%.
Sedan sales remain strong with the Audi A6 leading with an increase of 13.5%. Coupe sales soared for this month with Audi TT numbers increased by 62.0% and A5 sales increased to 13.7%.
Audi R8 sales continue to increase as customers responded to the updated 2014 models, including the Audi R8 V8, Audi R8 V10 and Audi R8 V10 plus.
Sales of Audi premium category vehicles (Audi A6, Audi A7, Audi A8, and Audi Q7) increased 17% YTD, representing a steady 32.7% of total Audi sales year-to-date and 41% of the Audi year-to-date sales gain.
Audi Certified pre-owned vehicles sales increased 30.9% in the month of October, with a year-to-date increase of 7.4%.
- Sales mix for Audi S performance variants finished the month at 15.8% for the S4 sedan; 29.9% for the S5/ RS 5; 7.9% for the S6; 21.6% for the S7 / RS 7; 15.1% for the S8.
- Sales of Audi A5 increased 13.7% and A6 increased to 13.5% compared to October 2012; YTD A5 sales grew 11.6%, A6 sales grew to 13.5% compared to previous period.
- Sales of Audi TT increased 62.0% compared to October 2012.
- Sales of the Audi Q5 increased 39.4% compared to October 2012; YTD sales grew 43.3% compared to previous period.
- Sales of the Audi Q7 increased 38.6% compared to October 2012; YTD sales grew 45.7% compared to previous period.
- Audi sold 437 allroad models in October 2013, bringing YTD sales to 4,558 of the sport wagon, a 103.2% increase compared to previous period.
- Audi R8 sales up 38.3% compared to October 2012.
- Sales mix for Audi A6 TDI finished the month at 13.1%; sales mix for the Audi Q5 TDI finished the month at 14.2%, and sales mix for the Audi Q7 TDI finished the month at 27.2%.
- The Audi A3 is being phased out in advance of the all-new A3 sedan arriving in the U.S. market next spring.
- Audi Certified pre-owned sales increased 30.9% to 3,486 vehicles in October; YTD increased 7.4% to 32,556 vehicles sold.
Audi of America, Inc. and its U.S. dealers offer a full line of German-engineered luxury vehicles. AUDI AG is among the most successful luxury automotive brands globally. Audi was a top-performing luxury brand in Europe during 2012, and broke all-time company sales records in the U.S. Through 2016, AUDI AG will invest about $17 billion on new products, facilities and technologies. Visit www.audiusa.com or www.audiusanews.com for more information regarding Audi vehicles and business topics.
|AUDI US SNAPSHOT||--MTD--||--YTD--|
|Model Line||Oct '13 Actual||Oct '12 Actual||Yr/Yr % change||Oct '13 YTD Actual||Oct '12 YTD Actual||Yr/Yr % change|
|Total Audi Sales||13,001||11,708||11.0%||127,412||112,402||13.4%|
|Total CPO Sales||3,486||2,663||30.9%||32,556||30,303||7.4%|
- 2012 A4 includes Audi A4 Avant, A4 sedan and S4 sedan, but does not include Audi allroad.
- 2012 A5 includes Audi A5 coupe, S5 coupe, RS 5 coupe, A5 Cabriolet and S5 Cabriolet models; 2013 includes RS 5 Cabriolet
- 2012 A6 includes Audi A6 sedan and S6 sedan.
- 2012 A7 includes A7 sedan and S7 sedan.
- 2012 A8 includes Audi A8 sedan, A8 L sedan and S8 sedan models.
- TT includes Audi TT, TTS, TT RS coupe'; TT and TTS roadster models.
- R8 includes Audi R8 coupe and R8 Spyder models.
- Automotive Industry
- Audi Q7
- Audi A6