SUNNYVALE, CA--(Marketwire - Dec 11, 2012) - Juniper Networks (
Availity helps the nation's health care system run better and faster by streamlining the exchange of essential business and clinical information among more than 230,000 physicians, 2,700 hospitals and 1,200 health plans. At the heart of Availity's next-generation data centers are Juniper Networks® QFabric™ systems and EX Series switches, connected across its wide area network (WAN) by MX Series 3D Universal Edge Routers, and secured with SRX Series Services Gateways and vGW Series Virtual Gateways. The end-to-end Juniper infrastructure provides Availity a unique combination of 40GbE- and 100GbE-ready performance, massive scalability, security, high availability, and a simplified, flat architecture enabled by a full fabric design for its integral network to serve anyone at anytime.
- To help health care professionals focus on the business of health care, Availity's HIPAA- and HITECH-compliant health information network is purpose-built to accelerate health information exchange in a highly scalable, secure manner.
- Juniper Networks QFabric systems, combined with the Juniper Networks EX Series switches, allow Availity to easily expand its business operations and keep pace with the changing dynamics of the health care industry. This includes emerging demands for unstructured data exchange to support evolving physician payment models.
- The QFabric systems provide Availity a data center-wide switching fabric that enables any-to-any connectivity. The high-performance, low-latency fabric can scale to support up to 6,144 servers in a single switch.
- In 2013, data throughput on the Availity® Health Information Network is expected to exceed 1.5 billion transactions a year. Juniper's advanced infrastructure provides the future capacity to launch new revenue-generating services by connecting Availity's distributed data centers with multiple Juniper Networks MX Series3D Universal Edge Routers for efficient, high-performance fabric-to-fabric communications over their WAN.
- Due to highly sensitive medical claims traversing its network, Availity must adhere to stringent security regulations set forth by HIPAA and HITECH. Juniper Networks SRX Services Gateways and vGW Series Virtual Gateways not only provide Availity with the rigid security to prevent loss or theft of valuable customer data, but also deliver the performance needed to keep pace with business operations.
- "We value a technology leader that understands the network communication needs unique to health care organizations. Our close collaboration with Juniper enabled us to create a system that is compliant with the strictest regulatory measures for security and yet provides us flexibility and scale to meet the demands of our market. The QFabric deployment will allow us to launch versatile and efficient health information services to help the health care system achieve better quality, performance and resiliency without burdening cost."
- Trent Gavazzi, senior vice president and chief technology officer, Availity
- "The need for instant, secure and highly reliable access to health care related information is essential to more efficiently support a growing number of medical professionals and patients. Availity's QFabric data center platform will deliver a simplified, low latency infrastructure to rapidly deploy innovative new services and applications while offering investment protection and agile performance for the long-term."
- Mike Marcellin, senior vice president, strategy and marketing, Platform and Systems Division, Juniper Networks
- Relevant Juniper Website: www.juniper.net/edge
- Juniper.Net Community: www.juniper.net/community
- Juniper on Twitter: https://twitter.com/Junipernetworks
- Juniper on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/JuniperNetworks
- Availity Website: www.availity.com
About Juniper Networks
Juniper Networks is in the business of network innovation. From devices to data centers, from consumers to cloud providers, Juniper Networks delivers the software, silicon and systems that transform the experience and economics of networking. Additional information can be found at Juniper Networks (www.juniper.net) or connect with Juniper on Twitter and Facebook.
Juniper Networks and Junos are registered trademarks of Juniper Networks, Inc. in the United States and other countries. The Juniper Networks and Junos logos and QFabric are trademarks of Juniper Networks, Inc. All other trademarks, service marks, registered trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of their respective owners.