LONDON--(Marketwired - Apr 24, 2013) -
COMPLETION OF SETTLEMENT WITH SPANISH PARTNER BANKIA
Aviva plc ("Aviva") announces that it has received EUR608(1) million in
cash from Bankia S.A. ("Bankia") following settlement and transfer of
its entire holding in Spanish joint venture Aseval to Bankia.
The completion on this transaction demonstrates the delivery of our
strategic imperatives and improves our liquidity and capital position.
Yasmin Saleh +44 (0)7800 694 312
Sarah Swailes +44 (0)20 7662 6700
David Elliot +44 (0)20 7662 8048
Notes to editors:
* Aviva provides 34 million customers with insurance, savings and
* We are the UK's largest insurer and one of Europe's leading
providers of life and general insurance.
* We combine strong life insurance, general insurance and asset
management businesses under one powerful brand.
* We are committed to serving our customers well in order to build
a stronger, sustainable business, which makes a positive
contribution to society, and for which our people are proud
* The Aviva media centre at www.aviva.com/mediaincludes images,
company and product information and a news release archive
* For broadcast-standard video, please visit
* Follow us on twitter: www.twitter.com/avivaplc
(1)Total cash proceeds converted to sterling at an exchange rate of
EUR1/GBP0.81 represent GBP495m
This information is provided by RNS
The company news service from the London Stock Exchange
- Investment & Company Information