CUPERTINO, CA--(Marketwired - Oct 3, 2013) - Baidu (
To win the prestigious VB100 award, an antivirus product must detect all malware samples found recently "in the wild" by the WildList Organization and generate no false positives when scanning a large set of clean samples. All testing is done using the product's default settings and re-testing is not allowed.
"The VB100 award is an incredible validation of the hard work our team in the Baidu International Business Unit is doing," said Johnson Hu, General Manager of Baidu International Business Unit. "We're continuing to establish ourselves as a world class brand by delivering advanced technology in approachable, easy-to-use products to people around the world."
Baidu Antivirus has gained significant traction since its launch, with its cloud engine having reached 20 million users worldwide. It is a 100% free application that combines a powerful local cross-scan engine with seamless cloud defense technology and automatic updates to deliver six levels of protection:
- Proactive Defense - Directly monitors application behavior locally and dynamically characterizes the code in the cloud to quickly identify and eradicate malicious activities;
- System Protection - Protects critical system files and locations that can be easily infiltrated by malicious programs and Trojans;
- USB Flash Drive Protection - Scans and prevents malicious code from reaching your device when USB flash drives and other mobile storage devices are connected;
- Web Access Protection - Intercepts and disables web traffic to protect against "phishing" attacks, drive-by Trojans, fraudulent content, and malicious websites;
- Download Protection - Scans downloaded files in real-time to prevent viruses and malicious programs from infecting your computer;
- Browser Protection - Prevents malicious programs from altering your browser and homepage settings.
The VB100 award is the third certification by third party testing organizations that Baidu Antivirus has received since its launch in March 2013. In May, it was awarded Checkmark Certification from West Coast Labs in Anti-Malware, Anti-Spyware Desktop, Anti-Trojan, Anti-Virus Desktop and Anti-Virus Disinfection. In August 2013, Baidu Antivirus also received OPSWAT Certification.
Baidu Antivirus works on desktop and laptop PCs and tablets running Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7 and Windows 8. It is available in English, Thai and Portuguese and can be downloaded for free at http://antivirus.baidu.com/.
Baidu, Inc. is the leading Chinese language Internet search provider. As a technology-based media company, Baidu aims to provide the best and most equitable way for people to find whatever they're looking for. In addition to serving individual Internet search users, Baidu provides an effective platform for businesses to reach potential customers. Baidu's ADSs trade on the NASDAQ Global Select Market under the symbol "BIDU." Currently, ten ADSs represent one Class A ordinary share.
- Information Technology
- Professional Services
- Virus Bulletin
Phone: (415) 420-1889
Email: Email Contact