REDWOOD SHORES, CA--(Marketwired - Apr 30, 2013) - Oracle (
- With more than 2 billion games distributed to date, Big Fish, the world's largest producer of casual games, needed a solution that would enable it to maintain its leadership in the casual game sector. Using business intelligence and predictive analytics Big Fish can segment customers based on a range of demographic and behavioural indicators.
- To deliver an increasingly personalized customer experience based on its intelligence and analytics, Big Fish selected MySQL Cluster Carrier Grade Edition (CGE) to power its Marketing Management Service platform.
- Big Fish's Marketing Management Service platform is used across all of the company's customer management systems, including customer support and the company's "Game Manager", to provide a unique customer experience to each of its millions of monthly users whenever they come in contact with Big Fish.
- The Big Fish Marketing Management Service platform with MySQL CGE, enables users to be quickly served with highly targeted recommendations to deliver this increasingly personalized experience.
- Big Fish is able to meet performance demands, while providing enhanced user experiences, with MySQL CGE's high availability, high-velocity data ingestion and low latency reads.
- The online scalability of MySQL CGE can help Big Fish to meet future requirements, as it expands its use of MySQL CGE to include all new website developments, channels and gaming platforms.
- In addition, MySQL CGE provides Big Fish engineers with access to 24x7 Oracle Premier Support, reducing operational overhead by providing automated configuration and reconfiguration of MySQL Cluster and automated online node additions for on-demand scaling.
- "The Marketing Management Service platform is a strategic project for Big Fish, allowing us to meet and even exceed our current business objectives," said Sean Chighizola, Big Fish's senior director of database administration. "MySQL Cluster provided us with a proven and trusted solution to meet the demands of both our users and our business."
- "Gaming is a highly dynamic environment and can be very difficult to predict performance demands," said Isaac Hawley, Big Fish's software developer. "The online scalability of MySQL Cluster provides the assurance we need to meet future requirements. Additionally, we can use MySQL Cluster Manager to automate scaling and cluster administration, thereby reducing the operational overhead to manage the infrastructure."
- Big Fish and MySQL Cluster Case Study
- MySQL Cluster CGE
- Oracle and MySQL
- MySQL Blog, Twitter, Facebook
- Big Fish
Oracle engineers hardware and software to work together in the cloud and in your data center. For more information about Oracle (
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
- Technology & Electronics
- Big Fish
- MySQL Cluster