Bluedrop Learning Networks Delivers Needed Skills for Workplace Success; Announces Selection of Advisory Committee Co-Chair
ST. JOHN'S, Newfoundland , March 31, 2014 /CNW/ - Bluedrop Learning Networks today announced its Workplace Essential Skills Program, a comprehensive skills development program designed to support job seekers and current employees of small and medium businesses. The program is built on Bluedrop's unique Learning Network platform to deliver targeted on-demand training. It uses sophisticated assessments to gauge individual skills and determine customized learning paths for optimal results and productivity gains. Bluedrop also announced the selection of its Advisory Committee co-chair for the Program.
- Today, many employees and job seekers are struggling to attain the skills they need, when they need them, to be continuously relevant and productive in an ever-changing workplace.
- Bluedrop Learning Networks designed the Workplace Essential Skills Program to guide individuals and small businesses towards the best, tailored learning paths based on individual and business needs, as well as personal goals.
- The Program begins by assessing an individual's cognitive skills, emotional and interpersonal skills, task completion skills, leadership and technology skills – the areas that are continually identified as most critical to workplace success. Based on the results of the assessment, individuals are directed towards appropriate training and coursework offerings on the Bluedrop Learning Networks Platform.
- The Workplace Essentials Advisory Committee will ensure that content is always fresh, relevant and effective in helping workers reach their goals and the employers become more competitive. Based on his expertise and experience, Bluedrop selected John K. McDermott , Executive Assistant to the Chairman, Consortium for Worker Education (CWE), to participate as co-chair of the Workplace Essentials Advisory Committee. The CWE trains more than 80,000 people in New York each year to improve their employability and help their employers to succeed. As co-chair, Mr. McDermott will advise on and endorse the program as it evolves.
- Emad Rizkalla , founder and CEO of Bluedrop Learning Networks, said: "The most critical skills in the workplace today generally revolve around personal productivity, problem solving, computer proficiency and soft skills. Employers are struggling to improve these skills in their current employees and actively looking for competency in these areas in the people that they recruit. Based on our years of expertise in training and workforce development, we developed the Workplace Essential Skills Program to respond to skills gap at the speed of business. Employees, as well as their employers, identify areas that are lacking, and create a training path that will lead to life long learning development. We are looking forward to building the success of the program with the introduction of our new Advisory Committee co-chair, and we are delighted to welcome Mr. McDermott to the team."
Bluedrop Performance Learning (BPL.V) is an innovator in workplace training for individuals, corporations, military personnel and the public sector. Bluedrop recently created Bluedrop Learning Networks to offer simple, scalable training delivery. Launched in 2004, with six offices and over 190 employees, Bluedrop is transforming the workplace by designing, developing and delivering practical, actionable and affordable training content that improves individual and overall performance of organizations. For more information, visit www.bluedrop.com.
SOURCE Bluedrop Learning Networks
- Employment & Career
- Advisory Committee
Graham Sorkin, Nadel Phelan, Inc., email@example.com, Phone: 831-440-2406