SARASOTA, FL--(Marketwired - Jun 7, 2013) - As part of a company-wide day of volunteering, BMO financial professionals throughout Florida and across all lines of business recently spent the day painting, cooking, socializing with seniors and helping fifth graders run their own business. All of these activities were part of BMO's annual Volunteer Day.
"Each year our employees look forward to the day we set aside to work together as a company in support of our community. BMO has a long history of giving of our employees' time and talents as well as our corporate financial resources," said BMO Harris Bank Florida President Dave Maraman.
The following nonprofit organizations were provided assistance during BMO Volunteer Day:
- Eatonville: The Eatonville Branch of the Boys and Girls Clubs of Central Florida received help with their Family BBQ and Field Day.
- Orlando: Employees prepared meals for the Ronald McDonald House of Central Florida at their Arnold Palmer Medical Center and Florida Hospital Campus.
- Tampa: Junior Achievement of West Central Florida utilized nearly 20 employees to assist with JA BizTown.
- Bradenton: Employees painted the interior of the women's shelter at HOPE Family Services.
- Sarasota: Ten employees served a meal and socialized with seniors at Jewish Family & Children's Services of Sarasota-Manatee.
- Naples: Jewish Family & Children's Service of Southwest Florida asked BMO employees to set up and serve a meal to seniors, followed by spending time chatting.
Launched in 2001, BMO Volunteer Day has grown to include approximately 5,600 employees participating in more than 470 projects in communities across the U.S. and Canada, including activities to benefit children and youth organizations, elder care, food banks, community housing, health care facilities, family resource centers, parks and recreational facilities, military personnel, relief organizations and homeless shelters.
"Volunteer Day is just another demonstration of the great work our employees perform year-round in our community," added Maraman.
For more information about each of the Florida nonprofits supported as part of BMO's Volunteer Day, visit:
Eatonville Branch of the Boys and Girls Clubs of Central Florida: http://www.bgccf.org/
Ronald McDonald House of Central Florida: http://www.rmhccf.org/
Junior Achievement of West Central Florida: http://jatampabay.org/
HOPE Family Services: http://www.hopefamilyservice.org/
Jewish Family & Children's Services of Sarasota-Manatee: http://jfcs-cares.org/web/
Jewish Family & Children's Service of Southwest Florida visit: http://www.jfcsswfl.org/
For additional information about how BMO Harris Bank supports the community, click: HERE.
About BMO Financial Group
Established in 1817 as Bank of Montreal, BMO Financial Group is a highly-diversified North American financial services organization. With total assets of $555 billion as at April 30, 2013 and more than 46,000 employees, BMO Financial Group provides a broad range of personal and commercial banking, wealth management and investment banking products and solutions.
- Society & Culture