MONTREAL, QUEBEC--(Marketwired - May 13, 2013) - Bombardier Inc. (TSX:BBD.A)(TSX:BBD.B) published its 2012 Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) Report and Report Summary, entitled Shaping the Future of Mobility, Responsibly, presenting the company's CSR activities over the past year.
"For us, 2012 was a year of great progress in the Evolution of Mobility," said Pierre Beaudoin, President and Chief Executive Officer, Bombardier Inc. "While there were some challenges - as all members of our industry still cope with heightened economic uncertainty - it was still a year of innovation and achievements."
"We are excited about the environmental potential of our products, but also the promise they hold for communities. In this age of urbanization and globalization, we provide affordable and environmentally-efficient mobility solutions for cities - large and small - to connect to one another. This brings new opportunities and experiences to communities and businesses that may not have previously been connected to the global network," concluded Mr. Beaudoin.
In 2012, key achievements in CSR included:
- sixth consecutive year listing on both the Dow Jones Sustainability North America and World Indices, benchmark indicators of sustainability. Bombardier was also awarded Sector Leader, considered to be the company within its sector best prepared to seize the opportunities and manage risks derived from economic, environmental and social developments.
- developing the first-ever Environmental Product Declaration (EPD) in the aerospace industry to help customers understand the environmental impact of the CSeries family of aircraft, to be issued in 2014 to coincide with the aircraft's entry-into-service. Bombardier Transportation published two EPDs in 2012 for the TALENT 2 train and FLEXITY Outlook tram.
- administering the annual Employee Engagement Survey and achieving engagement scores approaching best-in-class. For the first time, the survey was aligned across all locations globally.
- increasing focus on human rights. In early 2013, Bombardier developed a formal statement that better defines how human rights are addressed and respected across the company.
- providing procurement managers across the enterprise with tools and training enabling them to complete CSR spot-checks of key suppliers, supporting compliance with the Bombardier Supplier Code of Conduct. The Code must be adhered to by all suppliers at Bombardier Aerospace and all master vendors at Bombardier Transportation (representing 80% of procurement spend) that sign contracts with Bombardier.
- achieving a 12.6% decrease in accident frequency rate and a 17.2% decrease in accident severity rate since 2011.
- achieving a 1.5% decrease in energy consumption, a 0.8% decrease in greenhouse gas emissions, a 7.2% decrease in water consumption since 2011.
- continuing to focus giving around the Bombardier 3E approach: Education, Environment and Entrepreneurship, which aligns the organization's community involvement with its core values and competencies, and updating the Donations, Sponsorships, and Employee Volunteering Policy to include program guidelines and human resources criteria for employee volunteering.
Bombardier's 2012 CSR Report has been developed in accordance with the Global Reporting Initiative (GRI) 3.1 standards of reporting, and is self-declared GRI Application Level B. The 2012 GRI content index is available at www.csr.bombardier.com/gri
To read Bombardier's 2012 CSR Report and 2012 CSR Report Summary, visit csr.bombardier.com.
Bombardier is the world's only manufacturer of both planes and trains. Looking far ahead while delivering today, Bombardier is evolving mobility worldwide by answering the call for more efficient, sustainable and enjoyable transportation everywhere. Our vehicles, services and, most of all, our employees are what make us a global leader in transportation.
Bombardier is headquartered in Montréal, Canada. Our shares are traded on the Toronto Stock Exchange (BBD) and we are listed on the Dow Jones Sustainability World and North America indexes. In the fiscal year ended December 31, 2012, we posted revenues of $16.8 billion. News and information are available at bombardier.com or follow us on Twitter @Bombardier.
CSeries, FLEXITY, TALENT, and The Evolution of Mobility are trademarks of Bombardier Inc. or its subsidiaries.
- Stocks & Offerings
- Bombardier Transportation
- Bombardier Aerospace
- Bombardier Inc
+514 861 9481
Senior Director, Investor Relations
+514 861 9481