SAN BRUNO, CA--(Marketwire - Sep 10, 2012) - Responsys, Inc. (
"Email marketing, which delivers an unparalleled return on investment as compared to traditional and other digital channels, becomes even more critical to retailers during the holiday season," said Chad White, Research Director at Responsys. "To date in 2012, the volume of promotional emails sent by major retailers is already up by 20 percent, signifying that the channel will retain its importance, especially with the online holiday shopping season becoming longer and increasingly influenced by mobile devices."
Based on the holiday email activity of the more than 100 top U.S. online retailers tracked by the Retail Email Blog and the insights of Responsys' Strategic Marketing Services team, the 58-page, sixth annual holiday guide discusses new trends, challenges and opportunities that will require marketers to adjust their holiday email marketing strategies, such as:
- Thanksgiving has become the new unofficial start of the holiday season, supplanting Black Friday. More stores opening on Thanksgiving, the rise of mobile and bigger email marketing pushes have all turned this once quiet family holiday into a hotly contested shopping day. Last year, 75 percent of major retailers sent at least one promotional email campaign to their subscribers on Thanksgiving Day, up from 60 percent in 2010 and only 45 percent in 2009.
- Retailers have extended the online shopping holiday season by promoting express shipping much more vigorously. In fact, "Last Sleigh Day," the last day that most retailers guaranteed delivery by Christmas, was the fourth busiest email marketing day of 2011, up from the 20th busiest day in 2010.
- With more people reading email on a mobile device, it has become more critical than ever for retailers to send emails that are smartphone-friendly -- or at least tablet friendly. The day before Thanksgiving, Thanksgiving Day, Black Friday and Christmas Day will be particularly important days to send emails optimized for the mobile experience.
Download a complimentary copy of the sixth annual Retail Email Guide to the Holiday Season here: www.responsys.com/land/retail-email-holiday-guide-2012.php?cid=70150000000ciUEAAY.
Suggested Tweet on Today's @Responsys News
- Click to Tweet: Retailers! Get the most out of #holiday #email #mktg with the @Responsys 2012 Holiday Guide. Download it: rpsys.co/6z
Responsys is a leading provider of email and cross-channel marketing solutions that enable companies to engage in relationship marketing across the interactive channels customers are embracing today -- email, mobile, social, the web and display. With Responsys solutions, marketers can create, execute, and automate highly dynamic campaigns and lifecycle marketing programs that are designed to grow revenue, increase marketing efficiency, and strengthen customer loyalty. Responsys' New School Marketing vision, flexible on-demand application suite, and customer success-focused services aim to deliver high ROI, increased levels of automation and fast time-to-value. Founded in 1998, Responsys is headquartered in San Bruno, California and has offices throughout the world. Responsys serves world-class brands such as: American Family Mutual Insurance Company, Avis Europe, Deutsche Lufthansa, Dollar Thrifty, LEGO, LinkedIn, Newegg, Orbitz, Qantas, Southwest Airlines, United Airlines and UnitedHealthcare. For more information about Responsys, visit responsys.com.
Connect with Responsys
- Like Responsys on Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/Responsys
- Follow @responsys on Twitter - https://www.twitter.com/Responsys
- Follow Responsys on LinkedIn - http://www.linkedin.com/company/responsys
- Email marketing