ATHENS, Greece, Oct. 23, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Box Ships Inc. (TEU) (the "Company") announced that the Annual General Meeting of Shareholders (the "Annual Meeting") of the Company held today has been adjourned until November 12, 2013 to allow additional time for the solicitation of proxies. The meeting will re-convene at the premises of the Company at 15 Karamanli Ave. 166 73 Voula, Greece, on November 12, 2013 at 2:00 p.m. local time.
The business scheduled for the re-convened Annual Meeting remains the same as set forth in the Company's Proxy Statement for Annual General Meeting of Shareholders dated September 20, 2013. Shareholders of the Company will consider and vote upon proposals:
- To elect one Class B Director to serve until the Company's 2016 Annual General Meeting of Shareholders ("Proposal One");
- To ratify the appointment of Deloitte Hadjipavlou Sofianos & Cambanis S.A. as the Company's independent auditors for the fiscal year ending December 31, 2013 ("Proposal Two");
- To ratify the Company's execution and delivery, and approve the Company's performance, of a corporate guarantee in connection with the guarantee of a loan of up to $69.0 million, made between Irises Shipping Ltd. and Nereus Navigation Ltd., two wholly-owned subsidiaries of Paragon Shipping Inc., and China Development Bank Corporation ("Proposal Three"); and
- To transact such other business as may properly come before the meeting or any adjournment thereof.
Adoption of Proposal One requires the affirmative vote of a plurality of the votes cast at the Meeting by the shareholders entitled to vote at the Meeting. Adoption of Proposal Two requires the affirmative vote of a majority of the votes cast at the Meeting by the holders of shares of stock entitled to vote thereon. Adoption of Proposal Three requires a vote of the holders of a majority of all outstanding shares entitled to vote thereon.
Shareholders who have not already done so are encouraged to vote on the proposals. Shareholders who have already voted need not take any further action. Shareholders who have already voted may change their vote by submitting a revised proxy prior to November 12, 2013.
About Box Ships Inc.
Box Ships Inc. is an Athens, Greece-based international shipping company specializing in the transportation of containers. The Company's current fleet consists of nine containerships with a total carrying capacity of 43,925 TEU and a TEU weighted average age of 8.7 years. The Company's common shares trade on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol "TEU."
Cautionary Note Regarding Forward-Looking Statements
Certain of the statements made in this press release are "forward-looking statements" as defined by U.S. federal securities laws. Words such as, but not limited to, "believe," "expect," "anticipate," "estimate," "intend," "plan," "targets," "projects," "likely," "will," "would," "could" and similar expressions or phrases may identify forward-looking statements. All forward-looking statements involve risks and uncertainties. Actual results or developments may differ materially from those projected or implied in these forward-looking statements. Factors that may cause such a difference include, without limitation, risks and uncertainties related to market conditions and other risks set forth in the Company's annual report filed on Form 20-F for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2012.
Box Ships Inc.
Allen & Caron Inc.
Michael Mason (Investors)
Len Hall (Media)
- Investment & Company Information