ORANGE, CA--(Marketwire - Apr 1, 2013) - Human beings have always found something captivating and liberating about nature and the outdoors. If you've experienced this feeling of joy when taking in the outdoors and don't want it to end when you head back indoors, you can take some steps to help bring the beauty of nature into your home. Bringing the outdoors in has recently become one of the hottest trends in interior design and Budget Blinds has a few tips to help transform your home into a personal indoor oasis.
The easiest way to bring nature into your home is to place potted plants about; however, some recent innovations have changed the way people bring foliage into their homes. Vertical gardens are a hot trend right now and homeowners are beginning to implement these "plant walls" in various parts of their homes. Apart from bringing plants into your home, there are plenty of other ways to incorporate different elements of nature into your decor.
- Implement color schemes that are based on colors found in natural environments
- Blue is a tranquil color that reminds us of serenity found in the sea, streams, and the sky above. Green tones bring about memories of earth, plants, and grass. Yellow shows us glimpses of the sun, blooming flowers, and provides a sense of warmth in your space.
- Incorporate furniture made from natural materials
- Wicker, Rattan, Hemp and Jute are all great materials to use in order to help you bring nature into your home. Many baskets, rugs, lampshades, and window treatments are composed of these materials.
- Use hardwood flooring
- Switching out your tiled or carpeted floor for natural wood flooring is a great way to get the feel of nature under your feet and provide your home with a more organic look.
- Use the light the sun provides
- Natural light enlivens people and can help bring your home to life as well. Having large open areas that provide ample natural light is also a great way to open up outdoor views, making you feel connected to the nature outside.
- Go treasure hunting
- You might be limited to certain types of natural treasures depending on where you live, but seashells, smooth or cool looking stones, jars of beach sand, and wood all make for great design elements if used properly. If you don't have the real natural elements on hand, try using photographs of them for the same effect.
- Trick your mind
- By using different scents like pine and potpourri, you can trick your mind into feeling like you are outdoors. Sounds of running water or rainwater can also help elicit feelings of being out in nature.
- Air flow
- Using window treatments that allow the natural flow of fresh air into your home will help cycle out the stale air inside and replenish your oxygen supply with crisp clean air. Eco-friendly window treatments built using natural materials can add aesthetic value while still allowing air to flow effortlessly though open slats or drawn blinds.
Bringing the outdoors into your home is easy with custom window treatments from Budget Blinds. Our window treatments do this by incorporating natural materials such as bamboo, jute, grasses, and reeds. This is especially true with woven wood shades. Wood blinds and wood shutters can also provide your home with a feeling of the outdoors when they are stained to showcase the natural grain of the wood used in the treatments.
As mentioned previously, air flow can also provide your home with a sense of the outdoors by bringing in scents from the surrounding natural environment. To achieve this, try using Genius screens available through your local Budget Blinds. You can also install a beautiful set of natural wood plantation shutters and leave the slats wide open to allow air to flow in.
Area rugs can help you bring the look and feel of nature indoors with beautiful floral patterns or earthy tones that evoke the outdoor feelings of comfort and tranquility. Rug materials can even be designed to mimic the other elements of your home décor that help bring the feeling of the outdoors in. For help in deciding how to use your personal sense of style to re-create the beauty of the outdoors inside your home using window treatments and rugs, give the professionals at your local Budget Blinds a call today.
About BUDGET BLINDS
Based in Orange, California, Budget Blinds was founded in 1992 and currently boasts over 800 franchise territories serving nearly 4,000 cities throughout the United States and Canada. The company offers customers a full line of quality window coverings and provides free in-home consultations as well as measuring and installation services. Budget Blinds has been recognized as a leader in the franchise industry by organizations such as Entrepreneur, AllBusiness, Inc. and Franchise Business Review. With a strong vendor alliance program and growing product portfolio, Budget Blinds is the clear franchising leader in the multi-billion dollar window coverings market.
- Home & Garden
- Nature & Environment