BARCELONA, Spain, Feb. 25, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Mobile World Congress 2013 –
- 4G LTE-Advanced modem demo combines two LTE carriers to deliver Category 4 downlink speeds of 150Mbps
- Additional demos feature the BCM21892's power management techniques and HD call quality of VoLTE solution
Broadcom Corporation (BRCM), a global innovation leader in semiconductor solutions for wired and wireless communications, is demonstrating the carrier aggregation capabilities of its new 4G LTE-Advanced modem, the BCM21892, at Mobile World Congress 2013 in Barcelona, Spain. Carrier aggregation enables service providers to join different spectrum bands to create the equivalent of a contiguous 20MHz channel capable of delivering peak LTE speeds of 150Mbps. In addition to the 4G LTE demos, Broadcom is announcing a range of new mobile technologies and momentum in driving the adoption of next generation wireless technologies into all product segments. Visit Broadcom @ Mobile World Congress for more news.
For its live 4G LTE demos, Broadcom is using its recently announced 4G LTE-Advanced modem, implemented in a 4G LTE smartphone reference platform built by Broadcom. In the carrier aggregation demo, two channels are aggregated, with one channel turned on and off during the demo to show the doubling of peak speed from 75Mbps to 150Mbps. In a separate setup, the same 150Mbps peak speed is achieved using 20MHz of contiguous spectrum. Additional demos will showcase the power savings of the BCM21892's envelope tracking technology and the high call quality of its Voice over LTE (VoLTE) services. In addition, Broadcom will be showing its BCM21892 smartphone platform in live, over-the-air demonstrations.
Broadcom's multi-mode, multi-band LTE solution is the industry's smallest 4G LTE-Advanced modem. It combines a full-featured cellular baseband with a world-band radio in a footprint that is approximately 35 percent smaller than current industry solutions. An overview of the BCM21892 can be found on Broadcom's website or in Broadcom's 4G LGE-Advanced modem announcement made on February 12, 2013.The BCM21892 is now sampling to early access customers with anticipated production in 2014.
At Mobile World Congress 2013, Broadcom is also unveiling a range of innovations in mobile and wireless technology to drive continued evolution in the connected lifestyle.
Top announcements include:
- Broadcom 5G WiFi Powers New HTC One Smartphone
- Broadcom Introduces First Femtocell Chip to Integrate RF and Baseband Modem
- Broadcom Expands Offerings for Metropolitan and Enterprise LTE Multi-mode Small Cell Networks
- Broadcom Announces Advanced Development Platform for Small Cell Base Stations
- Broadcom and Radisys Integrate 4G LTE Baseband and Software for Residential, Enterprise and Metro Small Cells
- Broadcom Boosts 4G LTE Mobile Backhaul Capacity with New Microwave SoC Series
- Broadcom Drives Media Sharing Across Ecosystem of CE Products
Broadcom Corporation (BRCM), a FORTUNE 500® company, is a global leader and innovator in semiconductor solutions for wired and wireless communications. Broadcom® products seamlessly deliver voice, video, data and multimedia connectivity in the home, office and mobile environments. With the industry's broadest portfolio of state-of-the-art system-on-a-chip and embedded software solutions, Broadcom is changing the world by Connecting everything®. For more information, go to www.broadcom.com.
Broadcom®, the pulse logo, Connecting everything®, and the Connecting everything logo are among the trademarks of Broadcom Corporation and/or its affiliates in the United States, certain other countries and/or the EU. Any other trademarks or trade names mentioned are the property of their respective owners.