ST. LOUIS--(BUSINESS WIRE)--
Build-A-Bear Workshop® announced today that it will open a new, interactive experience for Guests at The Island in Pigeon Forge, near Great Smoky Mountain National Park, on May 30, 2014. The integrated technology along with locally focused merchandise will offer families a fun and engaging experience that they can enjoy together.
“Tourist destinations such as Myrtle Beach and Downtown Disney are among our highest performing Build-A-Bear Workshop stores. With this in mind, we are opening a store in Pigeon Forge, Tennessee near the Great Smoky Mountains National Park, the most visited National Park in the United States,” said Sharon John, Chief Executive Officer, Build-A-Bear Workshop. “We are very excited to open in this new location and hope families will enjoy visiting our store as part of their vacation experience for years to come.”
The Pigeon Forge store will be enhanced with new technology to provide an engaging experience for Guests. These elements include a digital Hear Me station featuring a variety of high quality sounds to choose from and add to stuffed animals. The store will also carry special Smoky Mountains themed merchandise including:
- I heart Smoky Mountains girl tee ($8, exclusive)
- Smoky Mountains boy tee ($8, exclusive)
- Grizzly Bear ($12)
- Midnight Teddy ($16)
- Horse ($23)
- Harley Davidson merchandise (assorted prices)
Build-A-Bear Workshop will celebrate the new store with grand opening events on May 30 including:
- Ribbon cutting at 10 a.m.
- An opportunity for the first 100 Guests to make a special stuffed animal for free to donate to Safe Harbor Child Advocacy Center, which will help distribute the stuffed animals to children in need of a teddy bear hug.
- Exclusive giveaways, while quantities last.
About Build-A-Bear Workshop, Inc.
Founded in St. Louis in 1997, Build-A-Bear Workshop, Inc. is the only global company that offers an interactive make-your-own stuffed animal retail-entertainment experience. There are approximately 400 Build-A-Bear Workshop stores worldwide, including company-owned stores in the U.S., Puerto Rico, Canada, the United Kingdom and Ireland, and franchise stores in Europe, Asia, Australia, Africa, the Middle East, and Mexico. The company was named to the FORTUNE 100 Best Companies to Work For® list for the sixth year in a row in 2014. Build-A-Bear Workshop (BBW) posted total revenue of $379.1 million in fiscal 2013. For more information, call 888.560.BEAR (2327) or visit the Investor Relations section of its award-winning Web site at buildabear.com®.
Join us on all of our social spaces to get exclusive content and stay up-to-date on the most current promotions:
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/buildabear
- Twitter: www.twitter.com/buildabear
- Pinterest: www.pinterest.com/buildabear
- Instagram: Search for username buildabear on Instagram
- iPhone app: www.buildabear.com/app
- Professional Services
- Smoky Mountains
- Grizzly Bear
- Pigeon Forge