Good morning, AdLand. Here's what you need to know today:
BuzzFeed partnered with eight other publishers, including Thought Catalog and the Hairpin, to bring its clickable native ad content to other websites. "We always wanted the business not to be limited by the scale of our site," BuzzFeed president Jon Steinberg told Ad Age. "That means figuring out places do what we do other than on Buzzfeed.com." So get ready for a lot more sponsored listicles around the internet.
ShareThis completed a $23 million Series C funding round. The company also announced its acquisition of Socialize, an app which has been installed on more than 67 million devices and ups user engagement. The company now has total funding of $54 million.
After two years on the job, Mark Hunter is leaving his post as chief creative officer at Deutsch LA. He joined from TBWA/London, and we don't have word yet on where he'll be going.
Southwest Airlines has a new ad by TBWA/Chiat/Day.
Previously on Business Insider Advertising
- Lululemon's See-Through Pants Are Just The Latest In Its Weird History
- The Israeli Army Is NOT Happy About Bar Refaeli's Pro-Israel Ad
- Here's What Furious Sellers Are Saying About Amazon's New Fees
- This Ad Agency Charges $999 For A Single Tweet
- COCA-COLA: Internal Numbers Show Big Online Buzz Just Doesn't Work
- EMAIL: Adman Quits Over 'Moral Objections' To Work For Al Jazeera
- WPP's Sorrell Wants To Know, 'Is Your Mother A Dominant Woman?'
- Advertisers Are Allegedly Doing Something That Would Be Illegal On Wall Street
More From Business Insider
- Honda Finally Decides Which Ad Agencies Will Get Its Creative [THE BRIEF]
- WPP Admits Actual Prices Of Online Ads Are Often 'Not Disclosed' To Clients [THE BRIEF]
- This Company Has Tracked 50 Million People Using In-Store Wifi [THE BRIEF]
- Arts & Entertainment