REDWOOD CITY, CA--(Marketwired - Jun 11, 2013) - Today, C3 Energy -- a provider of smart grid analytics SaaS solutions -- announced the availability of C3 Residential for Smartphones and C3 Energy Customer Engagement, which provide new mobile engagement and finely targeted digital marketing capabilities for utilities. The company also announced the general availability of C3 Residential version 2.0, the latest release of its loyalty-based customer engagement solution that educates customers about their energy use and motivates them to conserve energy, save money, and earn rewards. The latest version offers a streamlined user experience, an expanded network of national and local rewards partners, and integrated social networking capabilities with Facebook and Twitter.
C3 Residential for Smartphones Provides Critical Communication on the Go
C3 Energy is providing a new, interactive way for utilities to communicate with their customers regarding energy use, energy efficiency opportunities, bills, rates, outages, and other emerging events. With smartphone use increasing rapidly, mobile computing represents an immediate way for utilities to inform and serve customers. With C3 Residential for Smartphones, users can easily stay up-to-date on their energy consumption; receive updates and alerts on weather, outages, and other breaking news; and quickly complete essential tasks such as bill payment.
C3 Energy's mobile functionality complements C3 Residential, delivering a consistent experience from the customer's computer to the smartphone while enabling users to access their energy information at any time and any location. This includes tracking details about their electricity and natural gas use, viewing custom recommendations on ways to save money and energy, and getting a detailed view of their energy spend.
C3 Residential for Smartphones also provides new communication and account management capabilities. Users can receive time-sensitive alerts and notifications about outages, severe weather, and other important issues. Users can also manage their utility accounts and pay bills from their phones.
C3 Energy Customer Engagement Brings Comprehensive Digital Marketing to Utilities
Included in every C3 Energy product subscription, C3 Energy Customer Engagement is a full-featured marketing automation software solution that leverages advanced email marketing and web marketing capabilities to help utilities conduct customer communications programs and target prospective program participants. Key capabilities of C3 Energy Customer Engagement include:
- Unified Customer Marketing Database. A single marketing database contains comprehensive customer information, including energy consumption and billing history, behavioral tendencies, demographics, building profile data, and traditional and social media contact information.
- Customer Segmentation. A Customer Value Index is calculated for participating customers by analyzing data regarding previous participation in marketing programs, historical energy consumption, and their demographic profile. This Customer Value Index can be used to segment a customer base into specialized groups that receive tailored communications, delivering the highest possible return on marketing investments.
- Marketing Platform. C3 Energy Customer Engagement provides a centralized framework to design, deploy, and track multi-channel, multi-message marketing programs, enabling real-time monitoring and evaluation of program effectiveness. With C3 Customer Engagement, it's easy to make mid-course adjustments to ensure the highest possible return on investment for marketing programs.
- Marketing Intelligence. Each marketing treatment is embedded with tracking codes that automatically update customer profiles based on actions taken. This market intelligence data keeps marketing treatment groups up-to-date and helps utilities to redefine continually the design, delivery, and effectiveness of their marketing programs.
C3 Residential Version 2.0 Increases Customer Engagement and Motivation
The latest release of C3 Residential is now available, with the following new and upgraded capabilities:
- Simpler, More Intuitive User Design. A re-envisioned customer portal makes it easier for users to understand their energy use, identify energy-saving actions, and earn and redeem rewards.
- Expanded Customer Energy Use Reports. In addition to current, historical, and comparative energy use reports, C3 Residential now helps customers understand how much they can save in key areas like ambient heating, air conditioning, lighting, and water heating.
- Expanded Rewards Program. Customers can now earn gift cards from more than 100 national and local retailers -- including consumer favorites in electronics, apparel, restaurants, entertainment, travel, and online retailing. Reward program partners include: Target, Home Depot, Barnes & Noble, Old Navy, Chili's, Travelocity, Marriott Hotels and Resorts, and Overstock.com, among others.
- More Ways to Earn Points. Customers now have the ability to earn points through actions like completing a home energy profile, reviewing home building reports, or referring friends to the program.
- Expanded Social Marketing Engagement with Facebook and Twitter. Customers can earn points by using social media -- including Facebook and Twitter -- to share their energy goals, actions, and accomplishments with their friends and acquaintances.
"C3 Energy is dedicated to helping utilities better engage with and understand their customers, in order to achieve their business, regulatory, and customer goals," said Ed Abbo, C3 Energy's President and Chief Technology Officer. "C3 Residential for Smartphones, C3 Customer Engagement, and C3 Residential version 2.0 bring high-quality, interactive communications to even more channels and provide utilities with greater ways to establish and leverage deep customer relationships."
About C3 Energy
C3 Energy is an enterprise application software company that harnesses the power of big data, smart grid analytics, social networking, and cloud computing to improve the safety, reliability, and efficiency of power delivery. C3 Energy's family of utility-tested and proven smart grid analytics products deliver end-to-end solutions across the entire smart grid, from energy grid capital asset allocation, transmission, distribution, and advanced metering, to the customer experience and energy efficiency programs. C3 Energy products enable utility operators to realize the full benefit of their smart grid and energy system investments. Contact: C3Energy.com.