OVERLAND PARK, Kan.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--
Sprint (NYSE:S) is challenging developers to turn their app ideas into reality at the Sprint Hackathon during CTIA’s MobileCon in San Jose, Calif. The Hackathon will be held Thursday and Friday, Oct. 17-18, and all developers who register will receive free registration to MobileCon, including all the keynotes, panel discussions, thought leadership stages, trade show and networking.
The Sprint Hackathon will feature several categories with cash prizes. The categories for the competition include:
- Best in Show – The top overall app will win great prizes.
- Best Use of Mobile Advertising – Using the Pinsight Media+ platform to optimize advertising performance.
- Best RCS Messaging App – Using Jibe’s RCS Messaging API to create apps to deliver real-time interactive content anywhere in the world.
- Best NFC App – Enable your Android app to successfully make proximity transactions with secure card credentials using the Sequent SDK.
- Best Browser Extension App – The Sprint Lumen toolbar is a mobile extensions platform that ships on all Sprint Android devices. Port an existing app or dream up an all-new mobile extension for Sprint's Lumen toolbar.
- Samsung Categories – Compete to create unique user experiences using Samsung S Pen™ SDK. Demonstrate how to enhance your app to the next level integrating with many S Pen features.
- Best PhoneGap by Adobe App – PhoneGap is a free and open source framework that allows you to create mobile apps using standardized web APIs for the platforms you care about.
“Sprint is excited to host a hackathon event at MobileCon and engage with the developers as they potentially create the next big app,” said Kevin McGinnis, vice president-Product Platforms and Services, Sprint. “During the Hackathon, developers will have the opportunity to meet and receive support from the Sprint developer team and to create apps that can impact how consumers communicate, make purchasing decisions or are entertained.”
The registration cost is $25. Registration and additional information about the Sprint Hackathon is available at http://sprinthackathon2013.eventbrite.com.
2013 Sprint Hackathon Sponsors
- Sequent – Platinum Sponsor
About Sprint Developer Program
Sprint offers customers access to thousands of apps and data services and a variety of award-winning smartphones that use Android, iOS, RIM and Microsoft Windows® platforms. Sprint views the developer community as a forum for creativity and ensuring choice for customers. The company invests in technology and processes that enable developers to have access to important capabilities unique to Sprint’s networks, and Sprint offers access to a breadth of APIs to make apps richer. The Sprint Developer Program was established in 2001, and Sprint views open collaboration with developers as critical to ensuring continued evolution and success of the program.
Visit http://developer.sprint.com to learn more about the Sprint Developer Program and to take advantage of the resources and tools available to developers.
Sprint offers a comprehensive range of wireless and wire line communications services bringing the freedom of mobility to consumers, businesses and government users. Sprint served more than 53 million customers at the end of the second quarter of 2013 and is widely recognized for developing, engineering and deploying innovative technologies, including the first wireless 4G service from a national carrier in the United States; offering industry-leading mobile data services, leading prepaid brands including Virgin Mobile USA, Boost Mobile, and Assurance Wireless; instant national and international push-to-talk capabilities; and a global Tier 1 Internet backbone. The American Customer Satisfaction Index rated Sprint as the most improved company in customer satisfaction, across all 47 industries, during the last five years. Newsweek ranked Sprint No. 3 in both its 2011 and 2012 Green Rankings, listing it as one of the nation’s greenest companies, the highest of any telecommunications company. You can learn more and visit Sprint at www.sprint.com or www.facebook.com/sprint and www.twitter.com/sprint.
- Information Technology
- Technology & Electronics
Kristin Wallace, 404-649-8222