Oct 29 (Reuters) - Canada's main stock index looked set toopen flat to slightly lower on Tuesday ahead of a two-dayFederal Reserve policy meeting, with markets widely expectingthe U.S. central bank will continue with its monetary stimulusprogram.
* Pfizer Inc reported better-than-expected third-quarterearnings, helped by costs cuts and growing sales of recentlyapproved cancer medicines.
* The cost of cleaning up the banking industry dominatedthird-quarter results from Deutsche Bank and UBS, as unexpectedhits for potential legal costs overshadowed their day-to-dayperformance.
* BP Plc kicked off the results season for top global oilfirms with forecast-beating profits and a dose of what theindustry's investors want - a dividend hike, plans for assetsales, and a promise to keep a lid on spending.
* Apple Inc's profit and margins slid despite selling 33.8million iPhones in its September quarter, and greater Chinarevenue climbed just 6 percent even though two smartphone modelshit store shelves in its second-largest market last month.
* Thomson Reuters Corp said net sales in its Financial & Riskdivision turned positive for the first time since 2011.MARKET SNAPSHOT
* Canada stock futures traded down 0.09 percent
* U.S. stock futures , , were up around0.02 percent to 0.11 percent
* European shares, were up COMMODITY PRICE MOVES
* Thomson Reuters-Jefferies CRB Index : 281.4128;fell 0.36 percent
* Gold futures : $1,359.7; rose 0.57 percent
* US crude : $98; fell 0.69 percent
* Brent crude : $108.82; fell 0.72 percent
* LME 3-month copper : $7,219.5; rose 0.41 percent CANADIAN STOCKS TO WATCH
* Barrick Gold Corp : Workers at the miner'ssuspended Pascua-Lama gold mine will vote by Wednesday onwhether to strike, which they say could delay construction of awater management system crucial for the project to bere-activated, the union said on Monday.
* Sears Canada : The retailer will close itsflagship downtown Toronto store and four other locations in aC$400 million ($383 million) deal.
* Agnico Eagle Mines : The gold miner is consideringselling a minority stake in its Meliadine gold project in theCanadian sub Arctic, according to two sources familiar with thesituation.
* TransCanada Corp : U.S. officials weighing theclimate impact of the proposed TransCanada's Keystone XL oilpipeline connecting Canada to U.S. Gulf Coast refiners arezeroing in on the question of whether shipment by rail is aviable alternative to the controversial project, industrysources say. ANALYSTS' RECOMMENDATIONS
Following is a summary of research actions on Canadiancompanies reported by Reuters.
* Agellan Commercial Real Investment Trust : CIBCstarts with sector performer rating and target price of C$10 onvaluation
* B2Gold Corp : CIBC raises price target to C$3.50from C$3 after the company announced it intends to acquire VoltaResources Inc in an all-share transaction
* Parkland Fuel Corp : CIBC raises price target toC$21.50 from C$19.75 based on the company's risk-adjusted returnand compelling dividend yield ON THE CALENDAR
* Major Canadian economic data includes PPI and raw materialsprices
* Major U.S. events and data includes PPI, retail sales,consumer confidence, Dallas Fed services and businessinventories
- Investment & Company Information
- Pfizer Inc