Oct 30 (Reuters) - Canada's main stock index looked set toopen higher on Wednesday as investors widely expect the U.S.Federal Reserve to continue with its current stimulativemonetary policy stance until the next year.
* The Federal Reserve is expected to maintain its massivebond-buying campaign when it concludes a two-day meeting onWednesday and may point to softer readings on the U.S. economyto signal that the policy will be extended into 2014.
* Comcast Corp posted lower quarterly profit and revenue inthe third quarter, without the boost from the London SummerOlympics a year ago.
* Barclays is cooperating with regulators investigatingpossible manipulation of currency trading by banks, deepeningscrutiny of its conduct as it also grapples with a slump ininvestment banking income.
* Yamana Gold Inc reported a 28 percent fall inthird-quarter profit on Tuesday due to weaker metals prices andlower earnings from the company's stake in the Alumbrera mine inArgentina.
* French drugmaker Sanofi lowered its 2013 profit guidancefor a second time after a slowdown in China, weaker genericsales in Brazil and manufacturing problems at a Toronto vaccineplant dented third-quarter results.
* Canada stock futures traded up 0.19 percent
* U.S. stock futures , , were uparound 0.19 percent to 0.44 percent
* European shares, were up
COMMODITY PRICE MOVES
* Thomson Reuters-Jefferies CRB Index : 281.2956;rose 0.03 percent
* Gold futures : $1,348.2; rose 0.1 percent
* US crude : $97.31; fell 0.91 percent
* Brent crude : $109.37; rose 0.33 percent
* LME 3-month copper : $7,282; rose 1.14 percent
CANADIAN STOCKS TO WATCH
* Canadian National Railway Co : The railway companysaid on Tuesday it still hopes to negotiate a new deal with theTeamsters union and avoid a labor disruption, after talksassisted by government-appointed mediators stretched into theearly morning.
Following is a summary of research actions on Canadiancompanies reported by Reuters.
* Genworth MI Canada Inc : National Bank Financialraises target price to C$34 from C$30 following the company'sbetter-than-expected third-quarter results.
* Horizon North Logistics Inc : National BankFinancial raises target price to C$9.50 from C$8 as thecompany's third-quarter revenue beat estimates.
* Thomson Reuters Corp : National Bank Financialraises to sector perform from underperform as the company'sfinancial & risk's net sales turned positive for the first timein eight years.
ON THE CALENDAR
* No major Canadian economic data scheduled for the day
* Major U.S. events and data includes CPI, real earnings,FOMC rate and ADP national employment index
- Investment & Company Information
- Comcast Corp