Nov 1 (Reuters) - Canadian stock index futures pointed to ahigher open on Friday after surveys showed an improvement inChinese manufacturing activity and the fastest growth in UKexport orders in more than two years.
* China's giant manufacturing sector strengthened further inOctober, two surveys showed, though mixed signals in importantareas including export orders suggest any recovery in theworld's second-largest economy will be gradual.
* The fastest growth in export orders in more than two yearshelped British manufacturing grow solidly last month, a surveyshowed, in a sign that the country's economic recovery may begaining a broader base.
* Exxon Mobil Corp, the world's largest publicly traded oilcompany, reported higher-than-expected quarterly results onThursday as output rose for the first time in more than twoyears, but refining weakness hurt earnings.
* American International Group Inc reported earnings nearlyin line with expectations on Thursday, but the stock fell afterhours as analysts still saw room for improvement in the insurer,which almost went under during the financial crisis.
* Canada stock futures traded up 0.21 percent
* U.S. stock futures , , were uparound 0.19 percent to 0.25 percent
* European shares, were down
COMMODITY PRICE MOVES
* Thomson Reuters-Jefferies CRB Index : 277.6606;fell 0.27 percent
* Gold futures : $1,315.5; fell 0.61 percent
* US crude : $96.09; fell 0.3 percent
* Brent crude : $108.2; fell 0.59 percent
* LME 3-month copper : $7,280; rose 0.43 percent
Following is a summary of research actions on Canadiancompanies reported by Reuters.
* Alamos Gold Inc : CIBC raises price target to C$17from C$16 following its third-quarter results, which camein-line with expectations.
* Bombardier Inc : CIBC cuts price target to C$5.75from C$6.25 as the company's third-quarter results came belowexpectations.
* Cogeco Cable Inc : CIBC raises price target toC$53 from C$51 as its fourth-quarter results were solid overall,with modest subscriber stats.
ON THE CALENDAR
* Major Canadian economic data includes manufacturing PMI
* Major U.S. events and data includes ISM manufacturing anddomestic vehicle sales
- Investment & Company Information