Nov 12 (Reuters) - Canada's main stock index looked set toopen lower on Tuesday, hurt by speculation about how soon theU.S. Federal Reserve will begin scaling down its bond-buying.
* China's ruling party pledged to let markets play a"decisive" role in allocating resources as it unveiled a reformagenda for the next decade, looking to overhaul the world'ssecond-largest economy to drive future growth.
* British inflation unexpectedly dropped to its lowest ratefor more than a year in October, reassuring the Bank of Englandthat it has ample time to allow the economy to strengthen beforeit raises interest rates.
* Britain's Vodafone will spend 7 billion pounds - more thanexpected, earlier than expected - to increase the speed andcapacity of its networks and reverse a record fall in revenuesresulting from its struggling European business.
* Dish Network Corp posted quarterly results that beat WallStreet estimates as it added 35,000 pay-TV subscribers, farexceeding expectations.
* Rupert Murdoch's News Corp reported a steeper thanexpected 3 percent decline in revenue in its first quarter as astandalone company, as weakness at its Australian newspaperstook its toll.
* Canada stock futures traded down 0.18 percent
* U.S. stock futures , , were mixedaround -0.15 percent to 0.14 percent
* European shares, were down
COMMODITY PRICE MOVES
* Thomson Reuters-Jefferies CRB Index : 275.3198;fell 0.01 percent
* Gold futures : $1,281; was unchanged 0 percent
* US crude : $94.72; fell 0.44 percent
* Brent crude : $106.62; rose 0.21 percent
* LME 3-month copper : $7,135.75; fell 0.52 percent
Following is a summary of research actions on Canadiancompanies reported by Reuters.
* Bankers Petroleum Ltd : RBC raises price target toC$5 from C$4.50 following the company's steady production andcash flow growth.
* Ensign Energy Services Inc : Barclays raises pricetarget to C$21 from C$20, says the company's global fleet ofhigh quality rigs should benefit from the shift towardsunconventional drilling in North America.
* GuestLogix Inc : National Bank Financial raisesprice target to C$2.25 from C$1.75 following the company'sbetter-than-expected third-quarter results.
* Osisko Mining Corp : CIBC raises price target toC$7 from C$6 as its third-quarter results demonstratedcontinuous improvement at the Canadian Malartic asset.
* Paladin Labs Inc : BMO raises price target toC$113.72 from C$105 as the U.S. FDA extended the date for thecompany's Impavido new drug application.
ON THE CALENDAR
* No major Canadian economic data scheduled for the day
* Major U.S. events and data includes Chicago Fed index,Redbook and employment index
- Investment & Company Information